View Full Version : not being able to let go of something you know you are over reacting to.

bldt
08-13-14, 11:06 AM
I lost a list of things to do at the store yesterday and I can not get past it.up untill that point I was feeling really excited about my future in dealing with my condidtion.I have done all the things I usually do when this happens, but for some reason I just can't seem to get past this one.I mostly feel bad for the people I let down because of this mainly my wife today, even though she is very understanding, it still hurts.I guess I'm just looking for some support and encouragement from my fellow adder's to keep the faith that this to shall pass.Thanks in advance any words to help me get through this.P.S. I'm usually not some dramatic when this happens, hence I guess the reason for this post.

stef
08-13-14, 12:15 PM
Don't worry you can re-write the list!
Really I understand - putting so much energy into reorganizing everything and then some ADD symptom sabotages the anti-ADD orrganisation!

I keep writing things for home on my list at work (in different color pen), as they cross my mind, but I rarely think to recopy that list into the small notebook I keep in my purse. - I know not a big deal but it is just so frustrating some days...

bldt
08-13-14, 01:25 PM
Thanks for responding Stef.What do you mean by I can rewrite the list.My guess is that you mean if the things on the list are really that important they will come back to me.I know all that but I still can not help being so bumed out about this,because I did not have to take the whole list with me.I could have just written a separate list because I did not plan on doing the other things on the list and also I did this once before and I should not have been so careless.Having this condidtion can be so draining at times.The worst part is letting down my wife.Thanks again for taking the time to respond.It mean't alot and did make me feel a little better.

Lunacie
08-13-14, 01:46 PM
Can't tell you how many times over the years I've gotten to the store and found that I'd forgotten to bring my carefully written list along. :doh:

bldt
08-13-14, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't have mind forgetting the list, at least I would have known where it was.what bothers me is took a chance that I really shouldn't have.Saying to myself "I won't loss it".I know I am making to much of this and it probably is lack of sleep or something.