View Full Version : question about Kindle

stef
08-14-14, 04:34 PM
I'm seriously considering getting a Kindle, although I said I never would...
so I can reread my huge novels without carrying them to work
and the basic wifi model isn't very expensive.

My question is, can you always read the stored books even when there is no wifi access????

Dizfriz
08-14-14, 05:56 PM
I'm seriously considering getting a Kindle, although I said I never would...
so I can reread my huge novels without carrying them to work
and the basic wifi model isn't very expensive.

My question is, can you always read the stored books even when there is no wifi access????
Absolutely. I often carry mine and use it many places where I don't have internet access.

The main problem I have with Kindle is that there are so many reasonably priced books that I have found myself no longer watching TV. I mean I pay for it but don't use it. I would rather read.

Oh yes, when you do get a Kindle hook up with BookBub (bookbub.com). They email you each day a list of cheap or free books in the categories you choose.

Also hook in to Amazon's daily deals. Some (at times) good books at free to $2.00 same as bookbub.

Some real enjoyable books at times and the price us usually more than right.

Dizfriz

stef
08-15-14, 02:12 AM
Thank you!
I love books, yet i've practically abandoned reading. I will get one this fall!
i can still buy real books too. :) I don't like how amazon is killing the independent bookstores here, that was one of my reasons against it.

Eaaqas
08-15-14, 02:09 PM
I love the Kindle! I rarely read anything that I have to pay for (amazon prime rentals and classic books are free).

I like the fact that I can let my ADHD mind run free and read 300 books at once without making a mess of my house! (Perhaps this is actually a downside ;))

stef
08-15-14, 02:17 PM
yes i want to reread some classics!
i'm very excited to have a project for after vacation. in France fall isn't just " back to school" time it's " la rentrée" - la rentŕee scolaire - the return - but also, la rentŕee, to work, tv and radio regular peogramming, new books being published, etc. It.s like a fresh start to everything.

eclectic beagle
08-15-14, 04:51 PM
Absolutely. I often carry mine and use it many places where I don't have internet access.

The main problem I have with Kindle is that there are so many reasonably priced books that I have found myself no longer watching TV. I mean I pay for it but don't use it. I would rather read.

Alluring cover art and poor impulse control comprise the devil, imo.

But yeah, I read stored ebooks on my kindle without wifi access all the time. And most ebooks I've encountered take up a negligible amount of space, so once I store one on the kindle, I hardly remove it.

stef
09-14-14, 04:30 PM
Well the kindle is charging! 3 books downloaded :cool:

stef
09-15-14, 02:29 PM
seriously I love it
Rereading things I've wanted to reread for years but too înconvienant to bring on the train...