View Full Version : Please Help - Adderall - Concerta - ASLEEP

Mujiboo
08-17-14, 09:49 AM
Hi I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 11. I am now 33 and have just started treatment. I also have been in treatment for depression and bulimia since I was 21. I think they are all linked. I was so keen to start on the medication as even when my depression and eating were under control my brain was just a mess. I think I used food to slow it down and the depression came form not being able to communicate, read, motivate, hold a job. Im on 225mg Effexor for my depression.

So I stared on Concerta last week - 18mg - the first day I felt sharp. Hungry but appropriately so. Then for the next 6 days I felt like i had been hut by a bus. I was so so tired and couldn't speak. From research on here it seems to suggest that ADD is the right diagnosis if I am bring slowed down by stimulants and that the general advice would be to lower the dose but the dose is really the lowest it can be

So I switched to Adderall three days ago and had read on here that many who don't respond well to Concerta respond well to Adderall. This hasn't been the case for me at al - again I feel like Ive been hit by a bus and am hungry all the time. I so want to find the right meds. My friend was on Strattera and loved it but after 8 months had severe memory loss. I feel already that I am forgetting things, names, words, thoughts.

There is Ritalin....
or Strattera as I know people are different...

Please please if anyone has any advice....
Is it perhaps because I am ADD not ADHD. Are the medications to treat them different?