View Full Version : I feel my ADD more after ritalin LA treatment

SomeKindOfNone
08-18-14, 06:15 AM
Hi guys and girls
Been on ritalin la for 3 months now, and I noticed that I have very fast racing thoughts especialy in the morning before meds. I guess it's the contrast or something that makes me aware of how ADD I really am, like there's absolutely no structure in my head, but then after meds comes the calming waves of a clean brain :)

Have you experienced something like this after your treatment?
or could it be that my brain doesn't function without meds anymore? (I sure hope not)
please share.

I have always been on so much ''self medicating'' stuff before treatment, like 8-10 cups of coffee, weed, sugar and lots of cigarettes and lots of alcohol at social partys. I never really knew excactly why that was necessary, until now that is..

silivrentoliel
08-18-14, 09:51 AM
It isn't that your brain won't work w/o meds... you just notice the difference. It's a weird feeling when you realize that and wonder how you functioned before meds.

flubio123
08-19-14, 10:13 AM
Hi guys and girls
Been on ritalin la for 3 months now, and I noticed that I have very fast racing thoughts especialy in the morning before meds. I guess it's the contrast or something that makes me aware of how ADD I really am, like there's absolutely no structure in my head, but then after meds comes the calming waves of a clean brain :)

Have you experienced something like this after your treatment?
or could it be that my brain doesn't function without meds anymore? (I sure hope not)
please share.

I have always been on so much ''self medicating'' stuff before treatment, like 8-10 cups of coffee, weed, sugar and lots of cigarettes and lots of alcohol at social partys. I never really knew excactly why that was necessary, until now that is..

Yeah, I think it's like reducing the static of the world. I feel super relaxed. Sometimes I miss my unmedicated brain though - it sure was more interesting. I'd just sit and think about all kinds of interesting things. I'm more pragmatic now - which ... I don't know - doesn't feel exactly like me ... but does allow me to accomplish tasks I set out to do.