View Full Version : "Good" Days vs. "Bad" Days

lmg2474
08-19-14, 04:31 PM
I've always noticed that I'll have a period of time where I'm doing great, I'm relatively energized/productive, then just like that I have a day in which I'm extremely fatigued and sad and entirely unmotivated about anything and everything. It's like my mind has been completely drained of energy and my body follows the trend. It's awful, I feel like such a piece of ****, but it's almost as if nothing I do or try can help it. I just have to wait until the next period of time in which I become productive/normal again. Does anyone else have this??? I know it could be comparable to depression, but I've been tested for it many times before and I don't have it. I personally don't think I have it either. It's just so annoying.. does anyone else with ADHD-PI have this?? And if so, how do you deal with it?

Pilgrim
08-19-14, 07:09 PM
Look to be honest I'm 100% sure I'm I attentive ADD.
I have this exact same problem. I find it hard when I have to get relatively mentally prepared for something re work.
This has a lot to do with medication.
I wish I could get my head around it.
There's a couple of things I've worked out.
When this happens and on the down end I can't function at all; to much medication .
Can't give yourself to much sympathy.

I talk to a dr friend of mine , really intellegent,
That's why these medications are so complicated, this guy couldn't explain it to me.
I look for a happy medium the test being that I won't feel terrible coming down, I can still function .
I still always run out of medication before I can get a refill.
Talk to your doc.
Goodluck

SomeKindOfNone
08-20-14, 03:26 AM
It's very common for add'ers to lack emotional regulation, you feel everything too much. I know what you describe from myself and it's very hard to see the light at the end. Everything can seem so pointless, but the thing that helps me is to be aware that this is only temporary, even though it sure doesn't feel like it. Once you get to know your ups and downs more, it should get easier.

Also we tend to live way too much in the now, wich is why nothing in our brains tells us this is only temporary.

Hope this makes sense

stef
08-20-14, 04:59 AM
This happens to me often, I guess I only have so much energy to go around.

I just know, that when I have a super busy, intense, productive day at work, there is no way that the NEXT day can be THAT productive...

(I'm not diagnosed though).