View Full Version : Finding it hard to write about my PTSD

fracturedstory
08-20-14, 11:52 PM
I have an opportunity to write for the website for a national broadcasting TV station to share my story with mental illness and to encourage people to seek help for themselves, but every time I try to write this post that talks about my PTSD - mostly what happened post-the trauma, but I'm just struggling to write more than my introduction.

I've written two blog posts this week dealing with depression and suicide and I didn't even fall into depression after I wrote them, but even thinking about writing this PTSD post has been a mini-trigger.

I could just be mentally tired, hormonal (PMDD), or even becoming depressed, but I just can't figure out how to get any words, no matter how poorly written, down.

I'm not sure if anyone out there has tips. I'm at a loss.

I could try sharing the story here?

Conman
08-21-14, 12:31 AM
do what you can, even if writing something akin to bullet points, just manage to say what you can about the ptsd, dont push yourself too hard if youre not comfortable

fracturedstory
08-21-14, 02:44 AM
Thanks. I managed to write something out. I just didn't want to give up. I'll probably read over it soon to see if it sounds ok.

Fuzzy12
08-21-14, 04:20 AM
yes, if it helps do write it down here, or start writing here or just write parts.

if you don't mind sharing id definitely like to read it.

Little Missy
08-21-14, 04:49 AM
Me, too.

RobboW
08-21-14, 05:10 AM
The bullet points thing is good.

Maybe just do some bullet points of thoughts as they come to you, then later flesh them out to paragrahps and organise into order?
Once organised you can then decide if anything is missing and fill it in further.