View Full Version : Panic Attacks/feelings outburst

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 02:09 PM
Hello,

I am a 25 y/o who found out has ADHD about a year ago and I take adderral very loosely. I think that besides the ADHD I have a hard time dealing with my emotions. My bf accuses my emotions of being sloppy because I can not handle stress. I feel that I have had a panic attack in the past and I feel that in situations that are very stressful I am very prone to them. My panic attacks have never been diagnosed by someone other than myself and my therapist.

Does anyone else have a hard time containing anxiety without crying? Or sadness, or anything for that matter? I feel like an alien because I see how my bf is when he is upset and I can't contain anything.

For the last two or three weeks I have not had much of an appetite, have been nauseous, upset stomach, fatigue, and insomnia.

I want to give up and just check myself into a mental health facility so that they can lock me away. I can not handle this on my own anymore. I am going to ruin my relationship, my financial status, and my Uni degree if things don't change.

I want to give up and be alone. I don't want to do anything anymore.
Help?

Lunacie
08-21-14, 03:56 PM
Difficulty dealing with emotions is part of the ADHD package.

This guy lays it on the line about ADHD and emotional regulation.

Ask your boyfriend if he would b

Maybe it would help if he is willing to watch and learn something about your disorder.

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 05:51 PM
Difficulty dealing with emotions is part of the ADHD package.

This guy lays it on the line about ADHD and emotional regulation.

Ask your boyfriend if he would b

Maybe it would help if he is willing to watch and learn something about your disorder.

We had to start seeing a therapist together and it really has helped us understand each other better and we feel closer to each other than we have in awhile. I have a few ADHD books but I haven't discovered anything on "DONT OVERREACT" or "DONT SPILL HOW YOU FEEL RIGHT AFTER SOMETHING HAPPENS" or "ITS OKAY YOU CANKEEP IT TO YOURSELF".. lol

It is just so exhausting to always have to watch for your EVERY ACTION and EVERY WORD. I feel that all my energy goes to stabilizing my ADHD and I have none left for enjoying myself. I am tired man..

Thanks for listening. :)

Lunacie
08-21-14, 06:00 PM
We had to start seeing a therapist together and it really has helped us understand each other better and we feel closer to each other than we have in awhile. I have a few ADHD books but I haven't discovered anything on "DONT OVERREACT" or "DONT SPILL HOW YOU FEEL RIGHT AFTER SOMETHING HAPPENS" or "ITS OKAY YOU CANKEEP IT TO YOURSELF".. lol

It is just so exhausting to always have to watch for your EVERY ACTION and EVERY WORD. I feel that all my energy goes to stabilizing my ADHD and I have none left for enjoying myself. I am tired man..

Thanks for listening. :)

I just read something like that ... we spend so much energy managing our disorder that we don't have any energy left to do anything else. :rolleyes:

daveddd
08-21-14, 07:28 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=nyaobFUD2BUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=mindfulness+practice+for+adhd&hl=en&sa=X&ei=VH_2U4iiNNL-yQTWt4CYBg&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=mindfulness%20practice%20for%20adhd&f=false

emotional dysregulation can really make you feel out of control, it sucks,:grouphug:
the book above has what are shown to be extremely effective methods for managing stress and controlling emotion you can do on your own

some (a noticeable amount)improvement can be noticed in a very short time, and they are easy

anyway, if your interested,

good luck

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 08:02 PM
I just read something like that ... we spend so much energy managing our disorder that we don't have any energy left to do anything else. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I also forgot to mention how sensitive I seem to be..

I always thought I was tough but no.. anything can send me into tears or rage or despair.

Damn ADHD and your 39480843 hidden closets and gizmos. :giggle:

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 08:06 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=nyaobFUD2BUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=mindfulness+practice+for+adhd&hl=en&sa=X&ei=VH_2U4iiNNL-yQTWt4CYBg&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=mindfulness%20practice%20for%20adhd&f=false

emotional dysregulation can really make you feel out of control, it sucks,:grouphug:
the book above has what are shown to be extremely effective methods for managing stress and controlling emotion you can do on your own

some (a noticeable amount)improvement can be noticed in a very short time, and they are easy

anyway, if your interested,

good luck

Thank you so much! I feel that you just went above and beyond to help me. I always turn to books for answers when I am overwhelmed or just can't do it by myself. I never thought to look for a book on this topic though. :D:D:D