View Full Version : Pondering about this CFS thread.

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 07:59 PM
I just stumbled unto this thread and am left wondering..

When I was in high school my mom was always tested and undergoing treatment for Chronic Fatigue. Years later to now she has been diagnosed as bi-polar and they/she dropped the Chronic Fatigue "theory" (I suppose.)

I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and I am convinced that she has ADHD and none of these other things they/she claims to have. I for some reason thought that Chronic Fatigue was something that was dropped in general and no longer spoken about and perhaps called something else. (How delusional am I?? :faint: )

Well, could it be she has both ADHD and bi-polar?

AND.. after reading the sticky note on Fibromyalgia I feel that I suffer from all these sore, sensitive spots on my neck, back, hands and even legs/feet sometimes. And I NEVER seem to be able to sleep. Thank the lord for Melatonin because sometimes it works.

I wonder how I can be diagnosed by Fibromyalgia.

Thanks for listening.

willow129
08-21-14, 08:34 PM
Yeah I think people can have bi-polar and ADHD, I think there are people here who do in fact have that combo.

Lunacie
08-21-14, 09:00 PM
I had a lovely respite from Fibromyalgia, just minor symptoms for nearly 10 years.
But it's back and it may want to make up for lost time. :umm1:

Yeah, some of the symptoms look like ADHD or Bipolar.
But there are many that don't, like blurry vision, irritable bladder and bowel,
migraines, morning stiffness, dysmenorrhea, and those horrible tender spots.

That's what keeps me from sleeping well, I've always been a side sleeper and
the ones in my hips feel like I'm sleeping on a rock.

And then the lovely experience of waking up in the morning with someone's arm
draped across your body when you went to sleep alone -
and you realize it's your own arm that's gone numb.
And having your legs go numb when you sit on the toilet for more than 10 minutes.

Edited to add: at least I no longer have to deal with the dysmenorrhea. Whew.

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 11:08 PM
Yeah I think people can have bi-polar and ADHD, I think there are people here who do in fact have that combo.

My mom agrees with me about having both and she asked her psychiatrist but she can't manage both medications. The ritalin/adderral might affect her heart or something to do with her strokes that she has had in the past.

:confused:

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 11:11 PM
I had a lovely respite from Fibromyalgia, just minor symptoms for nearly 10 years.
But it's back and it may want to make up for lost time. :umm1:

Yeah, some of the symptoms look like ADHD or Bipolar.
But there are many that don't, like blurry vision, irritable bladder and bowel,
migraines, morning stiffness, dysmenorrhea, and those horrible tender spots.

That's what keeps me from sleeping well, I've always been a side sleeper and
the ones in my hips feel like I'm sleeping on a rock.

And then the lovely experience of waking up in the morning with someone's arm
draped across your body when you went to sleep alone -
and you realize it's your own arm that's gone numb.
And having your legs go numb when you sit on the toilet for more than 10 minutes.

Edited to add: at least I no longer have to deal with the dysmenorrhea. Whew.

SIGH-
I may have it. I am currently also suffering from blurry vision (it's driving me NUTS!!!), irritable bladder/bowels (also driving me nuts. I kept thinking I was pregnant), migraines, morning stiffness AND I will not cuddle my bf because it is far too uncomfortable and it feels like I am being attacked by plywoods in my sleep. Whenever I go to the restroom and God forbid I keep sitting there reading or spending time on my cell my leg will start going numb.

Is this something I should be afraid of? :confused::eek:

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 11:14 PM
Oh and my periods are PURE HELL. They have gotten worse with age instead of easier to deal with. I thought that the opposite would happen. :/

Little Missy
08-22-14, 04:45 AM

Yup :yes:

RobboW
08-22-14, 08:48 AM
What's with the numb legs thing? I get this sometimes too.

Little Missy
08-22-14, 09:05 AM

I think maybe that has to do with sciatica but there are many numb legs causes and reasons so it is a big guess.:)

Lunacie
08-22-14, 09:46 AM
SIGH-
I may have it. I am currently also suffering from blurry vision (it's driving me NUTS!!!), irritable bladder/bowels (also driving me nuts. I kept thinking I was pregnant), migraines, morning stiffness AND I will not cuddle my bf because it is far too uncomfortable and it feels like I am being attacked by plywoods in my sleep. Whenever I go to the restroom and God forbid I keep sitting there reading or spending time on my cell my leg will start going numb.

Is this something I should be afraid of? :confused::eek:

Oh and my periods are PURE HELL. They have gotten worse with age instead of easier to deal with. I thought that the opposite would happen. :/

I don't think FM will kill you, but at times you may wish it would.

My hubby was very much a cuddler - I was much too sensitive for that.
Either it hurt or it tickled. Hard to say which was worse to me.

I had very heavy periods, blamed them on having an IUD. Probably FM though.
At 40 I asked my doc to do a hormone test for early onset perimenopause.
He said I was "too young" even though there was a family history for it.

I had 4 or 5 D&C's over the next six years to stop the bleeding. Would work for a while.
Between the heavy bleeding and the PMS from hell, I was so glad to reach full menopause!!!

I've never been formally diagnosed - with that doctor you can see why.
At first I thought it was CFS, but the more I've read over the years,
the more sure I've been that it's actually FM.
Wonder if FM is related in any way to Lupus, also a family history of that.

Lunacie
08-22-14, 09:49 AM

I think maybe that has to do with sciatica but there are many numb legs causes and reasons so it is a big guess.:)

Yes, sciatica can lead to numb legs. At times that contributed to my problem.

When I was younger I would tuck one leg under me while sitting, and often that leg would "fall asleep."
One time the phone rang - before cell phones - and I jumped up to answer it.
My leg was so numb I couldn't feel it and badly sprained my ankle. :eek:

apoeticdevice
08-22-14, 01:43 PM
I don't think FM will kill you, but at times you may wish it would.

My hubby was very much a cuddler - I was much too sensitive for that.
Either it hurt or it tickled. Hard to say which was worse to me.

I had very heavy periods, blamed them on having an IUD. Probably FM though.
At 40 I asked my doc to do a hormone test for early onset perimenopause.
He said I was "too young" even though there was a family history for it.

I had 4 or 5 D&C's over the next six years to stop the bleeding. Would work for a while.
Between the heavy bleeding and the PMS from hell, I was so glad to reach full menopause!!!

I've never been formally diagnosed - with that doctor you can see why.
At first I thought it was CFS, but the more I've read over the years,
the more sure I've been that it's actually FM.
Wonder if FM is related in any way to Lupus, also a family history of that.

You are such a trooper! Super glad to have met you. :)
Even right now as I sit on my desk legs straight down my left one is numbing out. Oh well..

apoeticdevice
08-22-14, 01:45 PM
Yup :yes:

Any advice I should tell my mom? I wonder for her if it is difficult to tell the symptoms apart or to somehow organize them because I like to compartmentalize things.

Pentax
09-09-14, 08:42 AM

When I was in high school my mom was always tested and undergoing treatment for Chronic Fatigue. Years later to now she has been diagnosed as bi-polar and they/she dropped the Chronic Fatigue "theory" (I suppose.)

I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and I am convinced that she has ADHD and none of these other things they/she claims to have. I for some reason thought that Chronic Fatigue was something that was dropped in general and no longer spoken about and perhaps called something else. (How delusional am I?? :faint: )

AND.. after reading the sticky note on Fibromyalgia I feel that I suffer from all these sore, sensitive spots on my neck, back, hands and even legs/feet sometimes. And I NEVER seem to be able to sleep. Thank the lord for Melatonin because sometimes it works.

Thanks for listening.

Sympathy to you and to others in the thread dealing with the symptoms of CF or fibromyalgia. It's in the news of late that researchers think that there may be a viral origin to CF, which if so may mean that y our mother could have contracted it, as well as had other things. Fibromyalgia is one of a group of autoimmune diseases. It's somewhat hard to separate out from the others because they all have clusters of symptoms, some have the same symptoms in the cluster, and individuals with the problem don't have identical groups of symptoms.

But it's a real deal if you have one...not "in your mind". Sorry you and your mum are dealing with the symptoms.

JJJJJJJJJJ
09-27-14, 03:25 PM

Thanks for listening.

When you have a long list of seemingly unrelated symptoms that could be due to heavy metals isn't it wise to eventually consider the possible impact of HMs, especially after mainstream doctors have been given sufficient time to address the problems?

There are plenty of people with your symptom list in the detox groups. You'd fit in quite well, especially if you also have some food or chemical sensitivities along with the other symptoms.

I followed the cases of these two people over their years in a large yahoo detox group. I found them to be compelling. Don't misunderstand, it was not an easy process for either.

Rita's (http://onibasu.com/archives/fdc/111235.html) experience is more typical, especially among disabled females. Brad's (http://howirecovered.com/meet-brad-who-recovered-from-bipolar-disorder/) is a reminder to not give up; continue to look for clues.