View Full Version : Can't lose weight :-(

kittyb21
08-23-14, 03:15 AM
Finding it impossible to lose weight...

About 6 years ago I put on over 2 stone and find it virtually impossible to shift it. I have lost it with a very strict diet regime but it is too hard to maintain. To lose weight I have to eat about 1300calories a day, which is very little when I am sooo busy, I end of grumpy and hungry. It is also very difficult to keep up with the shopping and cooking for such a low cal diet, especially as I have 2 children who obviously need a more wholesome diet than 1300 calories allows.

Anyone managed it? Any good tips?

Really sick of being overweight...whilst its not the be all and end all its pretty bloody annoying. :eyebrow:

Abi
08-23-14, 03:19 AM
Have your thyroid checked.

Exercise. I strongly recommend starting off with a Personal Trainer if it's affordable.

Also, chromium supplements to boost your metabolism.

kittyb21
08-23-14, 03:25 AM
Thanks Abi, my thyroid is borderline low, and my temperature is low (common with hypothyroidism), however the 'protocol' here in the UK is no treatment unless T4 is low and TSH is high, my T4 is low but TSH normal. Even though there is a hypothyroidism with this type of bloodwork, apparently they don't like treating it...I've been at the dr's so much the last few years due to gynae problems which have now been resolved with a hysterectomy (hopefully), you get sick of going to them and having to fight.

I will give the chromiuim a go and see if that helps. xx

Abi
08-23-14, 03:43 AM
I'm also borderline on the thyroid. Take Kelp supplements, you can get them from a health store. You want about 135 mcg Iodine a day. Consult your physician beforehand

MADD As A Hatte
08-23-14, 05:19 AM
Phuck it. Just wrote you a whole response and did something stupid on my keyboard and lost it. Bugger. So, you are luckily saved a MAAH diatribe.

Kitty - Check this tv doco out:

Jacques Peretti (UK) - current research on all sorts of interesting things, including weight loss / maintenance

The Men Who Made Us Fat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/authors/Jacques_Peretti
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/men-who-made-us-fat/

Personally, I can highly recommend the super supreme of appetite supressants: methylphenidate.

Concerta. The thinking woman's Ford Pills.

Best x

PS Babe, desiring to be a little bit more sexy and fabulous than one already is, in my view, is nothing to roll one's eyes over! Especially when, like a few of us here, one is single and well ... you know, getting a leg over / someone getting a leg over you is an enticing motivation ... laaaaaughing ....

MADD As A Hatte
08-23-14, 10:12 AM
Thanks Abi, my thyroid is borderline low, and my temperature is low (common with hypothyroidism), however the 'protocol' here in the UK is no treatment unless T4 is low and TSH is high, my T4 is low but TSH normal.

Even though there is a hypothyroidism with this type of bloodwork, apparently they don't like treating it...

I've been at the dr's so much the last few years due to gynae problems which have now been resolved with a hysterectomy (hopefully), you get sick of going to them and having to fight.

I will give the chromiuim a go and see if that helps. xx

Kitty ... Woooooooooooooah. Just saw this. A question: ... hysterectomy. Have you had actually had the surgery at this point? Or are you still in the thinking about it stage?

Kitty, I believe I might have missed a PM. I'll follow up post haste. Mx

kittyb21
08-23-14, 02:05 PM
@Madd - had the hysterectomy 10 weeks ago...