View Full Version : Quitting caffeine - need help bad

MarathonEngineer
08-25-14, 12:44 PM
Ok,

This sounds kinda... Weird... But I have been helplessly addicted to caffeine for about 10 years. Not just a small cup or two of coffee in the morning, but at least 500+ mg a day. At one point (before dx'd) I was popping no-doz just to get my caffeine. I wasn't dx'd until last year and went my whole high school and middle school self medicating on caffeine due to parents not wanting me to be addicted or changed by stimulants (oh the irony). Now a days it's not nearly as bad, I'm down to 4 or less shots of espresso a day, but with Vyvanse it's not a good mix. I just really need to get off of caffeine. I've tried many times and it's hard. I have went two weeks but ended up having a small latte and fell back into the caffeine/coffee cycle. I've even tried decaf and it still doesn't help.

Any tips or suggestions?

sarahsweets
08-30-14, 06:11 AM
I never wanted to quit caffeine but I knew I needed to reduce it because I value my heart more than star bucks. I still have a few cups of regular coffee in the morning but I started making/buying half caffeine coffee. When I made it I used half regular and half decaf. When I bought it at a convenience store I filled it with half regular and half decaf. I did that for about 2 weeks. Then I went to all decaf after my morning regular coffee. Decaf isnt 100%caffeine free there is still a negligible amount in it. The benefits have been huge for me. Its sort of like tricking yourself. If you use good decaf you won't be able to taste the difference. I went from drinking 2 regular cups of morning coffee AND 3 trenta iced coffees to drinking 2 cups of regular and decaf the rest of the day.

HADDaball
09-10-14, 03:45 AM
Have you tried drinking stuff that tastes nasty, black with no sugar?