View Full Version : UK information

PolaBear
08-25-14, 02:42 PM
Hey people

Only just found this part of the forum, am in UK and so far habe learnt so much on here, and day to day about myself, but at the same time GP wise things have hardly moved at all! First went to see a Dr in early March, took until July to get any sort of phone call from a centre who now after an hours conversation have now passed me on to another centre who have got me an appointment with a psychiatrist for the end of September! Given how long it has taken to get this far and the impact it has had, i was hoping and willing to do the work to look into options.

Had considered and looked at coaching, but costs seem high right now.

Any experiences in this would be all good?

PolaBear
08-26-14, 04:39 AM
Another thing iv thought about is how to deal with all this from a work perspective. Looking into ADHD came from the fact that I haven't advanced or developed job/career wise and it has been a struggle. However the focus or comfort in dealing with it is stronger when I am not there (holidays/days off) than when I am, coming home after being there leaves my mind that short in stimulus and lethargic that I don't see a bigger picture of dealing with it, and sometimes don't see a way out.

Have had the last week off due to an injury (nothing too bad) and felt more together in myself to deal with things than I ever do being there, it's not that there is any lazyness there, my mind is forever spinning in what I'm doing and where I'm going, but it's almost as if being there makes it harder to get out. This then leads to irrational fears such as getting another job but it being worse or long hours doing repetitive tasks I can't get out of. The idea is to get to a place where I am a lot more stimulated and a lot more comfortable.

The supervisor where I work has been great with me, but there is only so much they can do, the job itself isn't going to change, but given the condition as it is although iv been to the Dr initially, I don't know that there would be much support in me having time off to work things out.

Anyone have any experience in dealing with this?

PolaBear
08-27-14, 05:16 PM
Looking into things a bit more this week there are very few options. If you are anxious or depressed there are charities or counselling that is offered but trying to explain that it has been a part of something else there is nothing available.