View Full Version : tofranil

firefly
04-06-05, 06:21 AM
Hello every body. I am new to this forum.I was diagnoised last year with ADD and panic disorder.I tried ritalin and was really amazed at the change that came over me .My confidence soured but sadly i had to quit because panic rose its ugly head anyway a year later and i have decided to give tofranil a go only on it six days so far i see a little change but not much .I really need this to work because i have too young boys and they need me 24 7 .dO any of ye have experiance with tofranil also known as imipramine thanks bye:eyebrow:

velvetrevolver
10-29-05, 03:04 AM
I have experience with Tofranil and some other tricyclic antidepressants. Tofranil is an ok medication, but it depends on what you need it for. Since it's an antidepressant, it might help some for the panic attacks because it has a calming effect to it, but if your main problem is anxiety, there might be something else that is more useful to you. I don't know your situation, so I'm just doing what I think based on the information that you wrote.

I don't know if you are like me, but I have anxiety that interferes with my learning, and when I took Adderal, like you took ritalin, I had the same effect, but had to stop the medication because of the impact it had on my anxiety.

E4rolls
11-29-08, 07:03 PM
When I was 15 years old I was diagnosed as Bipolar and prescribed Tofranil. That was 20 years ago but I remember that It worked great for me so I would recommend giving it a chance. I don't remember too many side effects either.