View Full Version : The Sinclair Method to reduce (or quit) drinking

Old School MBD
08-29-14, 03:31 AM
Hi Guys/gals
It's been 2 years since I had posted here, and I'm back to give a report on winning my battle with alcohol!!!

Two months ago I told my DR that I drink WAY TOO MUCH (I have been a heavy drinker for 30 years, since I was 15)

He wrote a prescription for Naltrexone, told me to keep drinking while taking it and to report back to him how things went.

Well, the cravings and withdrawals are gone, and I can now go all day without a drink, then have a cocktail at night if i want. I am now at "social drinker" status :)

All this thanks to a pill, no therapy or out patient required.

During todays visit, he suggested I try a dietary supplement made by Mannatech called Ambertose.

He says that as a person with ADHD, I naturally crave sugars, and I had been seeking sugars in the alcohol I drank (alcohol contains sugars)

the Ambertose is a proprietary blend of 8 essential sugars. I am to try it for 3 months and report back to him on how I feel.

If you would like more information on the Sinclair Method of alcohol treatment, here is the Wiki on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Method

IT REALLY WORKS!!!!!!

:)

sarahsweets
08-29-14, 04:12 AM
I'm glad this works for you. For me, I can't drink a little or
A lot because my alcoholic thinking makes me rationalize why I should drink even as a social drinker. Even if I had been able to take this medicine or use this method my goal was to stop drinking not reduce it. But if if works for you and you are happy then I wish you many blessings.

Old School MBD
08-29-14, 04:24 AM
Hello Sarah,
In my case the goal was to reduce, however the same approach can be used to quit as well.
This method really helps if you have withdrawl symptoms, because they go away as you drink. Or the medication can be taken with abstinence also (no drinking)

Old School MBD
08-29-14, 09:35 AM
To clarify, You detox as you drink like normal for the first month, and the medication takes effect