View Full Version : Strattera and Ritalin

Lizzo11
09-08-14, 12:35 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but have been lurking for a long time. I'm on strattera, which works reasonably well, but also take an IR stimulant to help with studying. Recently, I just switched from taking adderrall with the strattera to taking Ritalin. I wanted to be able to study after my baby went to sleep, and if I took the adderrall too late, I wouldn't fall asleep until 2, which doesn't work when your kid gets up at 6. My doc switched me to Ritalin, and my sleep issue is WORSE! I took Ritalin in HS and NEVER had this problem!! There are no interactions between the two that I can find. I have NO idea why this is happening. I can't fall asleep for almost 12 hours after taking my last Ritalin dose, even if I only take 5 mg (I'm prescribed 10mg to take 3x daily, for a total of 30mg/day if I need it). Help!

I can't get in with my doc until the 22nd (he's on vacation) and I have 2 exams next week.

Lizzo11
09-10-14, 10:18 PM
Has anyone at least taken an IR stimulant with strattera?? Bueller?

Any input would be helpful!!

Khyliene
12-05-14, 03:05 PM
I just got off the phone with the pharmacy asking this same question and he told me that a lot of patients who suffer from ADHD take Stratterra with methylphenidates without any side effects.

Hope this helps!