View Full Version : ADD, SA, Depression non-existent at night?

niteowl
09-08-14, 10:38 PM
I have been diagnosed with ADD, social anxiety, depression. I spend most of the day in a fog, even after eating right and exercising. For most of my life however, once it is night time, my fog is basically lifted. I have hardly any ADD symptoms, low anxiety, and usually no depression. This is the time I am most productive on things like homework, reading ect...

Does anyone have a possible explanation for this? or at least relate?

Corina86
09-09-14, 04:11 AM
Did you start to take any medication? Did you stop taking any medication? Do you have any physical issues? Do you have a new job, new home, new gf/bf etc? Any major changes?

Depression comes in episodes for most people; those people also days, weeks, months, years when they are not depressed anymore, but the symptoms tend to come back after a while though.

Some are bipolar and experience alternating symptoms of depression and mania (or hypomania) or even both together. Social anxiety can be associated with depression and might come and go with it.

ADD should be constant, but symptoms can be made worse by depression and anxiety.

Also, depression and anxiety can mimic most of the ADHD symptoms.

In conclusion, one explanation could be that you have 1. episodic depression, which also trigger social anxiety and ADHD- like symptoms; 2. you could have bipolar disorder; the depressive state causes anxiety and both the depressive and the manic state cause ADHD- like symptoms.

Whether or not you have ADHD, I think you should try and figure out after you get your other symptoms (depression, anxiety) in check.

Either way, you must see a doctor, since only a doctor can really put a correct diagnosis and help you.

Wookiee
09-22-14, 02:46 PM
I am exactly the same.

At night I am a lot better with my depression and anxiety.
My ADHD seems to effect me less, but I think this might be something to do with less external stimulus.

I also think I suffer from Circadian Rhythm Sleep disorder.
I naturally gravitate to awake all night and sleep all day if I am not working.
This maybe has something to do with it as well?