View Full Version : This is how I feel right now. (Stemming from OCD?)

ninja9nine
09-09-14, 03:34 AM
This is just a little writing I've done to best explain how I feel right now. I am hoping it may give some insight into what my issue is and may draw others who feel this way and can help me to understand these feelings I am having.

Thanks.

Where do I begin?

I seem to always come to a point where my mind is swirling around all of my perceived problems.

...But nothing ever gets done about it.

It's like a broken record on repeat. You get tired of it. Then you get annoyed with it. And then you start asking yourself why don't you just take the broken record off, and put a functional record on repeat.

I don't think I know where my functional record is located, so I keep the broken record on. I stick to what I know.

It is very confusing for me to try and wrap my head around. Understanding the complexity of why I do this and subsequently trying to figure out how to cease this madness seems impossible at times.

Whatever I'm doing, it's not working. The person I envision myself being is not coming to fruition.

Is it that I don't have the will power?
Is it because I am just a broken record and there's no fix?
Is it that I am just having a hard time finding the answers?

Something has to give... I can't live like this for much longer. I think I will go insane.

ninja9nine
09-09-14, 01:05 PM
Can anyone relate?

purpleastronaut
09-09-14, 09:34 PM
I don't have OCD, but I know what it's like to feel like you're stuck. You've probably heard this already, but taking a big leap out of your comfort zone could help. You know what you're doing isn't working out for you. Do something else. Even if it doesn't help your problem, it will at the very least give you a new experience. Go to a new bar with some friends and make a game out of talking to new people. Take a walk while listening to a band everyone has told you about but you've failed to give a chance. Reconnect with someone you haven't talked to in a while on Facebook. Start studying something that interests you (bonus: do something with your knowledge somehow). Try to think about your life from a radically different perspective and take notes.

Sounds good on paper, right? Doing something different? Easier said than done. I'm a creature of habit. But I can also be spontaneous. Sometimes I have to. I'm amazed at what a new situation can do. Even if I hate it and feel like I'm forcing myself to do something I don't want to, it's better than listening to that broken record AGAIN.

ninja9nine
09-10-14, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the response. I will definitely take your advice. THANKS!!! :)))