View Full Version : ADHD and sleeping??

Padalecki12
09-10-14, 05:08 AM
Hello everyone! So I am a current college student and I feel like I have a lot of the symptoms of ADHD from not being able to concentrate, anxiety, innatention, restlessness, poor memory retention, etc. I am also tired all the time! I was wondering if fatigue is related to ADHD? I mean sometimes my thoughts are racing before bed and it takes some time to fall asleep so my sleep schedule is weird. It takes me super long to be able to do homework so I fall asleep around 5-7am and wake up around 10am-1pm and then I come back from school around 5pm and sleep from 6 to 11pm-12am. So basically I get enough sleep per day, just in two sets. I am always tired and fatigue and just wanna lay in my bed. I even do my homework lying down in my bed(if I'm able to focus enough to start it). Its really hard for me to wake up and I think I sleep to much. Only activity I do in a day is walking around my apartment when something is on my mind. I could walk with something on my mind for hours. This is really affecting my life as I have to build my school schedule around this and I won't be able to do this forever. When Iím at like fun events I always have more energy then others and Iím really hyperactive. I donít know how to explain it. Does anyone know if my symptoms are related to ADHD? Thanks so much!

hidden_horror
09-28-14, 09:32 PM
Sounds like you might have to sort out your sleeping pattern before you'll know properly. Sometimes things like that can mimic the effects of ADHD.
A friend of mine takes a melatonin supplement prescribed by her doctor to get her sleeping pattern in order, and I know it's recommended for getting over Jet lag. Maybe you should try to take a step back and get your sleep sorted and if the issues are still there with hyperactivity and concentration see a Doctor about seeking a diagnosis?

silivrentoliel
09-28-14, 09:41 PM
Have you ever had a sleep study done? There are sleep disorders which have symptoms that mimic ADHD. For it to really be ADHD, symptoms have to have been prevalent during childhood.