View Full Version : ADD and PTSD any experiences?

sofffija
09-10-14, 11:33 AM
I am 39, female, diagnosed with ADD inattentive and PTSD in US amen clinics this summer. Diagnose must be very precise as brain spect imaging were used also (decreased PFC activity + severely increased activity in "diamond pattern" - basal ganglia+anterior gyrus+thalamus (if it makes sense to someone). I have had many traumatic events during my life (several major ones - mothers suicide and loss of baby, and many other such as emotional, phisical and other kinds of abuse). I have 2 kids, youngest is only 1.5 years old and i have to handle a lot of work (project management, book keeping etc), and last year i felt my life got totally out of control. I live in small EU country with limited treatment and doctors options for each of these conditions.

Currently i am on Adderall 30 mg IR which helped very much in the beginnig but stopped to work so good lately, but did not cause any anxiety issues. And we do not have adderall in our country. I have tried wellbutrin as i was suggested, but it seemed to give me even more brain fog... i have tried Cymbalta but it made me feel weird and gave anxiety)

As to PTSD - i was surprised to see it SO BIG in my brain because in fact i do not have repeating memories or nightmares of phobias any more..

I even do not feel much of anxiety or fears and do not suffer from depression. I have more "cognitive anxiety" when it comes to dealing with everyday life (constantly overwhelmed, not able to set priorities in small things (what to do next, how to make plans for the day, how to keep them, and EXTREMELY EASILY DISTRACTED). I am so tired to live like that...

I would be very grateful if you could share your experiences how do you treat ADD+PTSD??? What does really help???