View Full Version : Need competent ADHD clinician in London

jonkil
09-05-14, 08:42 AM
Hi Guys, I am 28 yo and have always had ADHD, just wasnt detected formally as I grew up abroad with lack of awareness and ignorant guardians. I tried a private doctor in BUPA but he's wasted my time with 5 consultations and gave me Modafinil which doesn't do any good to my cognitive problems. When I asked for a trial prescription of Ritalin or Vyvanse, he recommended me to a friend of his for a second opinion, after which he would again consider it. He clearly wants to keep fleecing me. I am having trouble getting through daily work and business and urgently need someone who is open to giving me a trial of these drugs. My question is - how understanding and open are Dr Paul Bain or Dr Humphries - or any other Doctor (mentioned in this forum) to give me an empathetic diagnosis and a trial prescription. Having wasted this much money already, I don't want to throw darts randomly again.

Fuzzy12
09-05-14, 11:24 AM
I've heard great reviews about Dr Humphries.

Have you been diagnosed with ADHD? Without a diagnosis I doubt that any psychiatrist in the UK will prescribe you stimulants.

I've tried modafinil and it actually really helped with focus, at least for the first few days. I didn't react well to it so had to stop.

JHaines64
11-25-15, 07:01 AM
I have heard some real negative stuff about Dr Paul Bain!