View Full Version : Tranxene Anyone??

Yayo001
09-11-14, 11:32 AM
The road withrowing from ads and stimulants was a difficult one, i started having ugly nightmares, I notice that I dont have insomnia, so then my PD put me on xanax .25 so i can take it every night. then after a month of taken it i quited. then i choosed to switch to melatonin, for the first 2 weeks i ws doing alright then it went ugly, i started to feel agitated at some times, and this monday i kind of experienced a panick atack, so then i realised that i was having benzo withrowing effects, i asked my PD to put me in a much lighter Benzo so i can fight this ugly rebound effects. so he came with this Med call Tranxene, i dont know much about this med. so i seek for counselling

Laserbeak
09-22-14, 04:36 AM
Stimulants, generally, are not physically addictive. Xanax, however is. So I don't know if they're doing you any help there.

What are your goals? Why do you want to stop taking meds?

sarahsweets
09-22-14, 06:10 AM
Therapeutic doses of benzodiazepines isn't always a path to addiction but it can be. Are you saying you want to quit meds or manage them more effectively?

Laserbeak
09-22-14, 08:40 AM
Therapeutic doses of benzodiazepines isn't always a path to addiction but it can be. Are you saying you want to quit meds or manage them more effectively?

I didn't mean to imply that, but Xanax, due its short acting time, is one of the most addictive. You'd be better off with the long-acting ones like Librium or Valium.

But even those will effect your memory and other things, at least in higher doses.