View Full Version : Tips for dealing with maths?

Darkneko
09-12-14, 10:10 PM
I am a psychology student with 4 required math subjects and math has never been a strong subject for me. Numbers is just boring. Boring is hard to focus on ...What statergies do poeple have for dealing with mathes and specifically statistics classes (mostly algerbra)?

Flory
09-13-14, 01:21 AM
Bribe your lecturer ;)

Little Missy
09-13-14, 04:45 AM
Get a great tutor and you will excel beyond your dreams!

Laserbeak
09-14-14, 03:22 PM
A good teacher (or at least a good tutor like Little Missy said) is essential. They can teach you mental shortcuts and real world examples that make it a lot easier to understand.

I had a string of bad math teachers when I was in elementary school but finally I get some good ones and got into more advanced math and really started enjoying it. I loved Calculus in high school.

Little Missy
09-14-14, 06:04 PM
A good teacher (or at least a good tutor like Little Missy said) is essential. They can teach you mental shortcuts and real world examples that make it a lot easier to understand.

I had a string of bad math teachers when I was in elementary school but finally I get some good ones and got into more advanced math and really started enjoying it. I loved Calculus in high school.

Exactly! A really good teacher, professor or a tutor will give you that magical key to unlock the whole schpiel and it will flow like water. A good tutor is an amazing thing to have.

I had terrible math teachers in high school and grade school and all it took were these two giant math whiz football players in college who tutored me and it was one the greatest times I've ever had. Go forth and enjoy what math can do for you.:)