View Full Version : ADHD app?

Silvermoonstone
09-16-14, 12:53 AM
There must be one, but I can't find it.

I'm looking for an ADHD app for my phone - something that has constant reminders and calendars. The one installed in my phone right now isn't good enough.

Maybe even a timer where I say, "I'll take a 10 minute break" but end up missing a whole hour. Little things like that.

kat_77
09-16-14, 02:54 AM
I downloaded isoTimer. They have a free and paid version. I still haven't figured out how I want to set mine up yet, but when I saw it it screamed as ADHD. It even has longterm goals and a feature called focus. It is on android not sure about iOS. If you have an android, use google now and say "OK google" "remind me to get back to work in ten minutes" . I use it for cooking all the time.

KarmanMonkey
09-19-14, 02:56 PM
Before I talk at length about my watch, I'll suggest you try googling apps for brain injuries. There's a lot more money and effort developing apps for it, and there are a number that are helpful for us folks.

Anyway, on to my watch!
Check out this watch: www.cadexwatch.com
changed my life. Seriously.

It's got 12 alarms with text you can add in; it's meant for medications, but most of my reminders are for things like "Eat lunch" and "Get ready to go home"

The reason I love this watch is because of one feature; when the alarm goes off, you hit a button once to get it to stop squawking. Then, every few minutes after, it'll give you a quick "beep beep" to remind you of the alarm until you hit it a second time. This means that it's much rarer that I'll be in the middle of something and absentmindedly turn off the alarm saying "I'll do that right after I finish this ____" 3hrs later, I suddenly remember that the alarm went off and dinner's ruined, or I've left the laundry in the washer all day, or it's 8pm and I'm still at work.

The first alarm I put into it was when I was still out of work, and it was a "check the mail and get ready for bed" alarm. It was the first time in a LONG time that I got on a regular schedule, since the alarm travelled with me, and as we all know, setting an alarm for an 8am wakeup isn't going to work if you went to sleep at 6:30... I basically plugged in more and more alarms to use as a framework for my day. Before I knew it I was getting back to something resembling a "normal" life!

Hope this helps!

gsueagle08
09-19-14, 04:11 PM
Anyway, on to my watch!
Check out this watch: www.cadexwatch.com
changed my life. Seriously.

It's got 12 alarms with text you can add in; it's meant for medications, but most of my reminders are for things like "Eat lunch" and "Get ready to go home"

If the Android Wear watches and Apple Watch really takes off, that could be a serious threat to their business model.

KarmanMonkey
09-23-14, 12:31 PM
If the Android Wear watches and Apple Watch really takes off, that could be a serious threat to their business model.

As long as they have the "Keep bugging it until I do the task" feature! :yes:

Vivid_thoughts
09-28-14, 08:00 AM
I use To Do Task manager lite - thats for simple tasks. For medication (I'm not on ADHD meds, but others) I use Medhelper - best app there is and it's free! You put you meds in and I just have the little symbol appear at the top. Then pull the notifications down and press it - when you take meds. Keeps a record of how much medication you have left (very handy) and when you took it - e.g. it might be due at 10pm, but you might not take it until 11pm.