View Full Version : Worst generic ever(IMO)..Corepharma

leifeing
09-18-14, 10:52 PM
Hey guise,I got a script last week and my local CVS filled me with this new generic made by corepharma. It's a orange color round tablet looks somewhat like Barr,but it's nothing like Barr or any other generics. This is by far the worst generic I've tried.(I've tried wilshire/barr/mallinkrodt)

I usually break the 10mg in half and take 5mg every 1hr until 20mg is reached. But NOT with corepharma, I took 5mg and 30min later nothing happened, so I thought " It needs time to adjust to my body"......

3hrs later and 30mg in, NOTHING.. No effects, not even side-effects(loss of appetite,increased blood pressure,insomnia)

I'm really worried because this is a 2 months supply and I dunno if my pdoc will kindly give me another script..I still have like 96% of the medication left...What do I do..

PS:Has anyone(adults over 18) tried "Zenzedi" generic? How's that like compare to other generic manufactures??

Traveler5
09-19-14, 05:04 PM
I'm currently taking the Corepharma 10mg Dex and I think it's fine -- works for me. I take 25mg split into three doses. I've tried all the generic brands and they're all fairly similar with the exception of Mallinkrodt. Mallinkrodt was probably the least effective of them all but it still worked for me. Barr worked well but it had the harshest side effects. It's too bad that it's illegal to sell unused/unneeded meds. Such a waste. I hope your doctor can give you another prescription.

orangello
09-20-14, 07:47 AM
Thanks for posting these. I had asked my pharmacy about Corepharma and Mallinkrodt because I had read so many bad reviews of Barr/Teva. It's at least comforting to know that they may not be any better.

Little Missy
09-20-14, 11:35 AM
CorePharma makes the worst Adderall unless you really dig having dry mouth so bad you have to physically remove your lips from your teeth in order to speak.

InvitroCanibal
09-20-14, 11:49 AM
I actually liked corepharma adderall lol. This could be a batch by batch basis. Maybe corepharma and barr have poor quality control and some bad batches get out there.

Little Missy
09-20-14, 12:13 PM
I actually liked corepharma adderall lol. This could be a batch by batch basis. Maybe corepharma and barr have poor quality control and some bad batches get out there.

I agree because I've had some great batches of Barr although lately I have been preferring Sandoz and a year ago I hated Sandoz!

Redemption23
09-30-14, 12:48 PM
Well, after almost 2 months taking Corepharma Dex 10mg i think i can say that i still like the Mallinckrodt more, for sure. In terms of strenght it seems like they are almost the same. But Corepharma has a little bit of the side effects of adderall.

I also realized that i was underdosed taking 10mg every 4 hours or 15mg then 10mg 4hours later for a total of 30 to 35mg. I was always afraid to raise my dose and maybe get even more racing thoughts. However, this week i was mad because i couldnt concentrate in my study as i needed, i was in a really bad mood, depressive and/or anxious and decided to try two 10mg in one dose(20mg) and it worked! Got my motivation, focus, optimism etc back. Now i know that my right dose is around 40 to 50mg a day.

Buuut, the sexual side effects this Corepharma Dex gives me it is annoying, really. In my case, it gives me hypersexuality EVERY TIME i take it, just like i had with adderall. Probably because it has a little levoamphetamine in it like some people said.i didnt have this with Mallinckrodt Dex.

I will be back to US in november and i hope to find Dex Mallinckrodt available. But Corepharma Dex is definitely better than no dex at all. If it is not working for you just try another dose.

Traveler5
10-01-14, 04:23 PM
CorePharma makes the worst Adderall unless you really dig having dry mouth so bad you have to physically remove your lips from your teeth in order to speak.

We're all different in how we react to these meds. I thought Core Pharma's Adderall was the best of all of them.

Traveler5
10-01-14, 04:44 PM
Buuut, the sexual side effects this Corepharma Dex gives me it is annoying, really. In my case, it gives me hypersexuality EVERY TIME i take it, just like i had with adderall. Probably because it has a little levoamphetamine in it like some people said.i didnt have this with Mallinckrodt Dex.

All of the ADHD meds I've been on have given me this problem. Adderall is the worst offender, but I had it the least with Dex. Dex made by Mallinkrodt and Corepharma, have been the best in terms of this side effect not showing up as much. And you're right, it is an annoying side effect. It is fairly common though, in both men and women, and like I said it occurs with all the ADHD meds so there isn't one particular med out there that won't cause it. I don't understand all the dynamics of how these meds affect the brain other than they can stimulate the pleasure center of the brain and this is probably why the side effect occurs. There are other meds out there that can counteract this, such as Risperdal, but they have their own undesirable side effects.

leifeing
10-14-14, 05:37 PM
Called mallinkrodt today and was told: Back ordered dex will come to different pharmacies on 05/11/2014.