View Full Version : Addictiveness of Cocaine (Split from My name is Abi & I am an alcoholic)

Laserbeak
09-20-14, 09:33 AM
yea , for me i was still up, trying to get a hold of the coke dealer

7 years ago

you can do it abi

Actually quitting cocaine is easier than quitting alcohol. First,it's not physically addictive, and, more importantly, it's not available everywhere. If you just avoid people you know who do it or sell it you can avoid it. But almost every restaurant sells alcohol and there's a liquor store on practically every corner! Plus you can buy at least beer, if not wine or even hard liquor at the grocery store, depending on your state or country.

Flory
09-20-14, 03:27 PM
Sorry laser I have to disagree coke addiction is horrible I've been in a relationship with two addicts. Whilst it may not be physical the addiction is real. Moving away doesn't help either nor does isolation from past circles. When your that strung on coke you will find a way if you have a week moment. You can walk into most bars and find somebody that will have it or know where it is

daveddd
09-20-14, 04:23 PM
Actually quitting cocaine is easier than quitting alcohol. First,it's not physically addictive, and, more importantly, it's not available everywhere. If you just avoid people you know who do it or sell it you can avoid it. But almost every restaurant sells alcohol and there's a liquor store on practically every corner! Plus you can buy at least beer, if not wine or even hard liquor at the grocery store, depending on your state or country.

sorry man, that physically addictive argument is bull ****

tell it to the millions of crack and meth heads

physically addictive doesn't mean a thing

take a guess on the percentage of heroine addicts who stay clean after their 3 day physical detox

hint, less then 1%

daveddd
09-20-14, 04:35 PM
Sorry laser I have to disagree coke addiction is horrible I've been in a relationship with two addicts. Whilst it may not be physical the addiction is real. Moving away doesn't help either nor does isolation from past circles. When your that strung on coke you will find a way if you have a week moment. You can walk into most bars and find somebody that will have it or know where it is

all i got to do it hop on the freeway for 5 minutes , get off and go to the nearest street corner

Flory
09-20-14, 04:42 PM
Cocaine addiction (I need to find the actual science bit) alters your brain chemistry sometimes permanently

Laserbeak
09-20-14, 04:45 PM

Ok, well we can agree to disagree. Although I'm not talking out of my rear, but from plenty of personal experience... I've spent probably $100K on that in my lifetime. But haven't done it in years.

daveddd
09-20-14, 04:53 PM
Ok, well we can agree to disagree. Although I'm not talking out of my rear, but from plenty of personal experience... I've spent probably $100K on that in my lifetime. But haven't done it in years.

so for you it was easier

i was a large scale trafficker, went to prison

when i got out, i wanted to go get some coke

for a lot of people being on coke is worse then being dead

sarahsweets
09-22-14, 06:05 AM
I think it comes down to whether stimulants are your thing or typical downers like benzodiazepines opiates or some other typical don't downers. I'm an alcoholic but alcohol never sedated me it always made me hyperactive and ironically more focused. However I began to use alcohol every day all day long and that was when I became a prisoner to it. Its the same with stimulants like cocaine or meth or whatever. Some people have the opposite effect or at least a desirable effect. The psychological addiction is always the issue with any mood altering substance so I prefer not to down play someone's withdrawal or addiction. You don't know what its like unless they you've been a slave to it.

daveddd
09-22-14, 09:57 AM
Is alcohol suppose to sedate people?

I always thought people drank it to go out and have fun. Not sedate themselves

stef
09-22-14, 10:19 AM
cocaine is scary as hell and anyone can become addicted.
In college I had this friend who was dating a pretty nice guy, he lived in a house with a bunch of people. So we went to a few summer parties there...lots of fun!

Then she ended up dating the older friend of the coke dealer who lived in the house. (I actually once saw them doing lines and they freaked out and my friend said "no, she's ok". meaning me and I won't be calling the cops or whatever). Then one christmas I got this crazy scrawled Xmas card saying she was quitting coke and had left the guy. Well she did it, quit cold turkey and ended up finishing college. but Im just saying it can happen to ANYONE.

someothertime
09-22-14, 10:21 AM
alcohol sedates the crap out of me....

i guess it's a person by person thing.... for some, the "mental need" is as strong if not stronger than the physical one.....

many who become physically addicted are also consuming additives that are less pure....and more addictive..... hopefully not ajax!

i think cannabis is in the same realm....

Flory
09-22-14, 10:25 AM
After methamphetamine it is considered one of the most addictive drugs

HADDaball
09-24-14, 10:15 PM
Might find this interesting:

study finds saccarin and sugar more addictive than cocaine (http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchArticle.action?articleURI=info%3Adoi%2F10.137 1%2Fjournal.pone.0000698)

Rebelyell
09-24-14, 11:26 PM
Oh that explains why I'm so hopeless addicted to.snacks and.sweets

HADDaball
10-04-14, 05:30 PM
strange thing is, people drink coca leaf tea like black tea in Bolivia with no problems, apparently

NB: please follow the laws of your country - the post's intent is for trivia's sake only & not condoning coca tea use where it's illegal

Flory
10-04-14, 05:57 PM
In Peru they use coca leaves for dental pain and chew on them like some people chew on tobacco but cocaine is different to the coca leaf on it's own...it's in a different league all together

Becks888
10-11-14, 04:20 AM
I agree and disagree. And addict is an addict. I know because I come from a family of addicts. Because of that I swore I would never do drugs. I never touched them until one night of drinking I said why not let's see what all the fuss is about. Cocaine is something I hate. When I'm sober I promise myself I will never touch it again. I hate the way it makes me feel by the end of the night. And I can easily never touch it again. It's not until I drink that I crave it. And i feel like it's impossible for me to not get some after a few drinks. I'm not a big drinker at all. But once I have a few my mind can only focus on finding coke. I know I'll hate myself for it. I promise friends and family I will never touch it again yet it never fails. It sounds simple. Quit drinking but I hardly drink at all. And having a glass of wine or a beer at dinner is something I enjoy but I'm not the shots all night kind of girl. In a nutshell of alcohol disappeared from the planet I could be in front of a mountain of coke and wouldn't care less. But I can't do it once alcohol is in the picture.

Skyf@ll
12-23-14, 09:53 PM
Alcohol is the route to all evil.

When you have a drink it almost always leads to other things.

Joker_Girl
12-23-14, 11:26 PM
Cocaine I found to be the most frustrating thing ever.

It hints at something good, but it just makes you spin your wheels.

All cocaine made me do, was compulsively do line after line of it, until it was gone. Then I would fiend like mad, trying to find more of it. I don't even know why. It wasn't even fun. I could do a tremendous amount of it, be unable to sleep or eat, feel awful, have a nosebleed, and still be after it.

I moved on to meth, which seems horrible, but I was less of a strung out soulless mess on it, really. I didn't have to do it every five minutes, and I never was the cocky, unpleasant creature I was coked up.

It seems like it's just those two things that are an issue for me. I can take or leave alcohol and weed, and I'd just as soon leave everything else.

Interestingly, pharmaceutical stimulants don't cause me any grief at all. I never abuse them, I seem to have no inclination to even want to. I suppose I could, but I've been on them for years, and it'd probably take a half dozen for me to get to a "fun place", which would last about an hour and leave me feeling like death warmed over for two days. Yuck, no.

Freaking coke is the devil, and I don't even know why. Just say no to the yayo.

Rebelyell
12-24-14, 09:38 AM
I've drank my fair share but I've never have done any party drugs, now that I have the money and balls to try it I can because my job random drug tests us not worth losing my job for a few hours to live it up.

Wowwowwow
12-24-14, 09:55 AM
I snorted so much blow in the eighties I should be dead,worse we had a doctor in posey. Writing scripts for pills and days off work,I remember calling work at 6 am so stoned ,I could hardly speak, 4 days straight no sleep, jeans hanging of *** ,no prob do a line!call work ,as buddy writing script next to plate full of blow! I'm not talking going half on a gram,I was hanging with heavy hitters, coke to us then was like a cup of tea in England ,at some point I realized I could never catch that dragon! So I used it in moderation 2 line max,that worked and now the monkey is off back,and I'm alive! Wowwow

Skyf@ll
12-24-14, 12:49 PM
I'm not talking going half on a gram,I was hanging with heavy hitters, coke to us then was like a cup of tea in England Wowwow

Going half on a gram lol I should hope not.

Batman55
12-25-14, 12:52 AM
Not to fan any flames, but it does seem like Western Europe, England in particular, is big into party drugs...

In the states, it is still very much a taboo thing, although weed is often discussed openly (but not always)

Little Missy
12-25-14, 08:34 AM
Not to fan any flames, but it does seem like Western Europe, England in particular, is big into party drugs...

In the states, it is still very much a taboo thing, although weed is often discussed openly (but not always)

:scratch:

Wowwowwow
12-25-14, 08:49 AM
Going half on a gram lol I should hope not.

Just kind of wondering skyfall,we once did a QP of pure in 3 days,4 guys ,fishing trip,food rotted,liquor disappeared,ashtrays ,blood ,guts ,and beer......you ever do an ounce of blow in 3 days,or 6 hits of LSD at one time! Pheraps my foray into mountains of pure phencyclidine ! Hmm your reference to half gram ,not really appreciated...Grow up!

Joker_Girl
12-25-14, 09:21 PM
One thing i shall never miss.....coming down, with no more dope and no hope of finding more....right when the sun is coming up...feeling like utter crap...especially alone....because you never will feel more alone than that...or more lost, empty, hopeless, and dead inside.

I just CAN'T do coke and meth....they eat my soul.

LSD lol i forgot that crazy stuff....i didit in college, talked to a poster, fell off a porch, and had crappy sex in the grass.

Batman55
12-26-14, 12:18 AM
:scratch:

This whole thread is a head-scratcher, to be honest...

sarahsweets
12-26-14, 07:30 AM
I tried cocaine once while under the influence of alcohol. I felt nothing, in fact I felt calm. Maybe its an adhd thing.

Skyf@ll
12-27-14, 02:09 PM
Just kind of wondering skyfall,we once did a QP of pure in 3 days,4 guys ,fishing trip,food rotted,liquor disappeared,ashtrays ,blood ,guts ,and beer......you ever do an ounce of blow in 3 days,or 6 hits of LSD at one time! Pheraps my foray into mountains of pure phencyclidine ! Hmm your reference to half gram ,not really appreciated...Grow up!

I like how people say "pure". If it was pure you would have an instant heart attack and die on the spot. The word is over used.

I'm not going to say what I've done in the past, but that sounds like some fishing trip!

I never meant to insult you but I have a habit of saying things which people might take the wrong way, that wasn't my intention. :)

Peace.

Batman55
12-28-14, 12:16 AM
I like how people say "pure". If it was pure you would have an instant heart attack and die on the spot. The word is over used.

I'm not going to say what I've done in the past, but that sounds like some fishing trip!

I never meant to insult you but I have a habit of saying things which people might take the wrong way, that wasn't my intention. :)

Peace.

I'd say Captain Coke is a safer alternative to coke, and legal everywhere as well!

Wowwowwow
12-28-14, 06:35 AM
Cocaine addiction (I need to find the actual science bit) alters your brain chemistry sometimes permanently
I know a ton of guys who have been using for extended periods with like 3 decades snorting coke! This one person is as stable as any man I know,then you get the guy,who loses everything,and still jonesing today, I know people who were schizophrenic , medicating with coke! Cops pulled him over doing 109 mph he thought there was a nuclear attack!we all handle these elements different,from my experience, long term coke use can bring on the paranoia! But we all react to these elements different!:yes:

Flory
12-28-14, 03:30 PM
I know a ton of guys who have been using for extended periods with like 3 decades snorting coke! This one person is as stable as any man I know,then you get the guy,who loses everything,and still jonesing today, I know people who were schizophrenic , medicating with coke! Cops pulled him over doing 109 mph he thought there was a nuclear attack!we all handle these elements different,from my experience, long term coke use can bring on the paranoia! But we all react to these elements different!:yes:

What I was getting at there wasn't the angle of mental illness more to do with how addictive It is and can be though addiction and mental illness go hand in hand

Check out this study about the permanent brain changes from cocaine Abuse
http://www.yale.edu/opa/arc-ybc/v29.n21/story1.html