View Full Version : Do I have a learning disability?

mimes74
09-21-14, 09:30 AM
When it comes to memory, It can be an issue. I wanted to say a scenario or tell a joke from a video I just watched I can not remember so much so I say in parts. When it comes to school several times with memory I will miss a few points and have to ask over to get it. People at home can call me lazy at times. I will miss things to do like a chore such as wishing dishes they say it's there to do it? you don't want to. I get afraid to be some team leader because in details I will miss a few sequences and details. It will take a little time for me to process information. I will also lose my thoughts they will go a little far when it comes to imagination like constantly too.

vpilar
09-21-14, 12:43 PM
When it comes to memory, It can be an issue. I wanted to say a scenario or tell a joke from a video I just watched I can not remember so much so I say in parts. When it comes to school several times with memory I will miss a few points and have to ask over to get it. People at home can call me lazy at times. I will miss things to do like a chore such as wishing dishes they say it's there to do it? you don't want to. I get afraid to be some team leader because in details I will miss a few sequences and details. It will take a little time for me to process information. I will also lose my thoughts they will go a little far when it comes to imagination like constantly too.

Have you tried writing? .... I mean.. writing summaries, agendas, notes, reminders, plans, schedules, priority lists, to-do-list, not-to-do list, etc. ....

Most of the things you described, apply to me as well; I don't know about you, but I don't consider myself having a learning disability, rather I think (and I've been told by others) that I'm a very intelligent person; and I've done great in school, whenever I liked the topic, or I was motivated for some reason; I would call this, ADHD or even maybe being lazy, but I don't think it's learning disability (talking about myself)

...Each individual has different ways of thinking and problem solving ... as long as you find a way to work things out, then you're fine! ...
I don't remember telling a joke ever! I can't tell jokes and stories, who cares?! ...

If I have a presentation , or something...I'll write what I want to say, then summarize it, then make an outline of it, and practice! I found that when I'm aware of the overall structure and rational of what I want to talk about, I remember it all! I don't even need to look at my notes! But when I'm not sure about the start and the end, or the coherence, then I freak out, and freeze! These shows me that my problem is not a memory issue! ... it has something to do with our ways of thinking, confidence, concentration, .etc..
I admit that it's kind of hard to deal with these issue in the daily life, because you can't predict how a normal conversation with a friend will go...

mimes74
09-21-14, 01:09 PM
I have several symptoms of ADHD. I get inattentive or walk around much. I was out of my program to get water 3 times. Some of those times I wasn't that thirsty. I was excited and then left again