View Full Version : Cleaning

Crosswired
09-29-14, 10:06 AM
My apartment is always a disaster zone unless I know someone is coming over. I cannot clean consistently. I may have the messiest apartment any of you have ever seen. I let garbage and papers and clothes get all over the place.

I live alone so I can probably get away with it for a while, but it's bad and I have zero motivation to clean it. Everytime I get a mop out, I say to myself "no way I'm doing this now". Then I'll leave the house and do something else.

Anyone super-messy because of ADD/ADHD factors??

Flory
09-29-14, 10:10 AM
Sometimes I take meds and my flat is like OCD clean levels.....other times I have two weeks worth of laundry scattered around my kitchen lots of stuff ie started and not finished in my lounge bed looks like a war zone etc etc

Very common in Adhd buddy xx

sushigirl
09-29-14, 10:20 AM
My house is a little messy. I think it's not too bad because my husband will help me. But my bedroom is another story, or worse...my closet and drawer!

stef
09-29-14, 10:21 AM
I'm terrible; and then my husband cleans things very thoroughly (spotless rack of dishes) but doesn't care otherwise how the apartment actually looks...
I've just been doing the strict minimum and sundays cleaning "whatever is bothering me the most". Between the 2 of us stuff gets more or less done but at the same time honestly, we don't really care, we both work full time and the evenings and weekends go by very fast...

Drogheda
09-29-14, 10:42 AM
I've gotten lot better.

basicly do spot cleaning, that is when you enter a room clean pick up/clean the very first 2 or 3 things you see, like just home in on it.

second is when you leave a room pick something up.

Jenn1202
09-29-14, 11:39 AM
I always try and fail to get myself to clean :(. It takes me hours and even days to get started and even when I finally get myself to start I stop within less than 10 minutes because cleaning is SO BORING. The only way for me to actually clean something is to have someone to motivate me and tell me to keep going. I generally don't let people in the house because it's so messy.

midnightstar
09-29-14, 01:50 PM
Urgh I utterly hate cleaning, I mean I'll make sure Tom and Ebony have clean litter trays and clean food dishes and I'll do my own laundry but when it comes to cleaning the house I really don't see the point, it'll get dirty again!

(I do get the washing up done because that way I have clean stuff to eat my dinner off and cook my dinner)