View Full Version : Xanax XR

netsavy006
09-30-14, 07:32 PM
I got my drug formulary book a couple of days ago and I found out that my insurance plan covers the generic version of the extended release Xanax. (Xanax XR)

Has anybody here taken Xanax XR (or it's generic)? How did it work out for you?

Did you switch from the IR to the XR? If so, how was the transition?

Thanks in advance,
~ Andy

Laserbeak
10-09-14, 10:36 AM
I would like to know the answer to this too... although I don't think Xanax is very good, a time release one may be. I currently take chlordiazepoxide.

Killface1981
05-30-15, 06:28 AM
I recently switched from 75 2 mg ativan to 60 2 mg xanax xr a day. I also take 60 mg of dex and 150 mg of wellbutrin.

Ativan used to work probably because I'm usually trying to quit drinking or sober for a week or two. The Xanax XR(generic) is much stronger than Klonopin or Ativan. It costs me 10 dollars instead of 180 or whatever without insurance now. Klon and Ativan generics were free with it.

I'm one of the few people who thinks xanax sucks unless it's one of those days where you're suffering from insane panic attacks, feel like you're about have a heart attack, or had a bad reaction to stimulants. I had taken this same med that my ex got when I ran out of Klonopin due to her taking some, and actually thought it was a zillion times better.

Honsetly, it doesn't feel like normal xanax or anything else. It lasts longer obviously, but takes away from the Dexedrine if I don't eat enough before taking it. It's worth trying, but like all benzos it's apparent that you could get addicted and might rely too heavily on it. I don't take 2 a day though(just one), and it makes everything feel boring or leave me needing a nap. It does work well for anxiety from adhd meds, but probably to the extent of killing the therapeutic benefits of stimulants.

Librium, given to me in rehab at night instead of ambien or anything else, made me sick at my stomach. If something doesn't work, try something else, and if it works well, stick with it until it stops working.