View Full Version : is it just me??

yupyup1128
04-09-05, 02:00 AM
is it jsut me or .....tonite it really hit me that im different ... it seems like everything in general that i say .. no one really understands.. im sarcastic and my facial expressions apparently tell wut im thinking... but after my nite,,,, in reflection,,, i think when im sayin sumthing in clarity, .... it turns out im not ..... and wut im tryin to get at is this affects all my relationships,,,,ya ur moods change happy sad,,, feel like being alone etc etc,,,, but noone understands i cant help it,, iv heard oh ur so nervous ( when im constanlty moving) or ur this ur that,,,, and i never felt so outta place like tonite,,,,,, i feel alone in this situation,, i dunno how "to act" with non adhd people,,, i guess they cant understnad an im too much for them....... i could explain more buttt not now,,, im just unease cuz i feel like im the only one:(

Gourmet
04-09-05, 03:19 AM
Wow. What you have to say is very poetic. You could put music to it :) You need to know that your are NOT alone.
All ADHDers struggle with relationships and ups and downs. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. Why don't you tell us more about your situation. There are lots of caring people on this forum who might be able to help :)
I believe when the sun comes up you will feel a lot better. I think you are going to be just fine. :) Try to get some sleep!

Later girl,
Annie

yupyup1128
04-09-05, 07:34 AM
hey thanks for that reply in fact i do feel better (and the suns come up) but still theres that lingering relationship issue,,, ive recently really began to see the difference between me and others,,, and after attemping to look at my self it seems to me that i push people away when i start to get to know them better ... i dunno understand this ... ill let myself get caught up in my own things ,, ill try to do things myself i like to be alone sumtimes which turns out to be alot of times,,, im very out going u wut not dont get me wrong but thats sumtimes i wish i could more consistanly be like that,,,, i also hate when people coment on my hyperness and attention span,,, sum friends have said if i didnt know u i would think you were rude cuz whenever we talk your always looking around and playing with sumthing,,,,, or when i go out to eat i think im nice as pie because i am in the food industry also, but people i eat with think im rude... rude?!?!!? NOOOOO not me im wicked nice really and it sounds like im sum crazy person but i feel normal like everyone else in a sense. wut im sayin is i view myself in a different way then others view me.. ahhhh!

say whaaaat?
04-10-05, 05:09 PM
omg i know how you feel!! ppl always tell me im being so rude when i thought i was being nice and had no idea what i was doing was "rude". and when i interupt people i dont even notice but there like excuse me you just interupted me. does anyone else interupt themselves? i do that a lot, it takes me a long time to tell a simple story because i keep going other places with it. and people constanlty tease me about having a short attention span, they say my attention spans as short as a walnuts because a walnut doesnt have one.

and my friends constanlty make excuses for me becasue apparently im being rude, there just like "sorry, she has add" and im left wondering what i just did and why it had anything to do with add? :confused: its confusing.

Gourmet
04-10-05, 05:22 PM
Gosh y'all. If you haven't read the "oh my gosh,I can't believe you said that.." and the "making/keeping friends" threads in the Women with ADD forum, you should. We all say knuckle head rude things and feel insecure about what we think others are thinking about us :faint:
You'll get a lot of support from these ladies because we have all been there and done that!

mccoffee
04-11-05, 07:46 AM
is it jsut me or .....tonite it really hit me that im different ... it seems like everything in general that i say .. no one really understands.. im sarcastic and my facial expressions apparently tell wut im thinking... but after my nite,,,, in reflection,,, i think when im sayin sumthing in clarity, .... it turns out im not ..... and wut im tryin to get at is this affects all my relationships,,,,ya ur moods change happy sad,,, feel like being alone etc etc,,,, but noone understands i cant help it,, iv heard oh ur so nervous ( when im constanlty moving) or ur this ur that,,,, and i never felt so outta place like tonite,,,,,, i feel alone in this situation,, i dunno how "to act" with non adhd people,,, i guess they cant understnad an im too much for them....... i could explain more buttt not now,,, im just unease cuz i feel like im the only one:(
nope i got that feeling alot over the past year but now i'm not worried about it it's weird i noticed sometimes you better off being alone you get more acomplished.

DizzlingDacious
04-12-05, 10:22 AM
Just stay the heck away from sociopaths... I'm on every sociopaths **** list from here to Georgia... and why? For saying things that break their creedo... and those *******s are ruthless man! Anyway, I know how you feel. I'm from a small town, and it got to the point where very few people would even be around me anymore because I was so impulsive. Now that I'm 34, I've calmed down a bit and moved to the Bay Area, and much happier. BELIEVE ME, you are not the only one. I've been called weirdo and freak all my life. But ya know what? I LIKE being a "freak". I think we should revel in the beauty of the fact that we do live life a little faster and a little richer than the normal people.

mccoffee
04-12-05, 08:44 PM
dawmn soicoalpaths rofl how many threads you got on that topic rofl

bmint
04-16-05, 09:18 PM
I LIKE being a "freak". I think we should revel in the beauty of the fact that we do live life a little faster and a little richer than the normal people.
i would sya yes i like being different then other people, but if peope weren't so damn ignorant about things would be a little easier. some people are just so mean, makes it a little harder to "revel in the beauty of the fact"

yupyup1128
04-18-05, 12:02 AM
:eek: yeah i do like being a "freak" or different or random, just sometimes its a mood killer when people dont wanna be around me cuz i can get so hyper, and random. i too try to tell a story and it takes foorrever because i go into thousands of different details, just to in end either forget the ultimate story or finish with noone listening. ahh so damn frustrating at times, but hey i choose the right line of work,,, food and bev industry allways on the go! but it would be nice if people werent so damn ignorant about adhd and the problems we have,, i think of my self as "normal" haha.... whatever tho i must be doing something right seeing how i fance the interest all these guys lately:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eek: :D :cool: :rolleyes:

Ichpuchtli
04-29-05, 05:34 AM
Alot said there.. um try and look at the world as your friends see it and also look at what mood they are in, and don't let your mind make you depressed because your friends are loyal and will stick by you & I don't think I am making any sense but try something normal for once do what they want.

DaveHawk
04-30-05, 12:48 PM
Been their all my life, infact some of my best art came from down times when I said off the wall stuff and no one understood me and I got down, went to my seach book and either drew or wrote. I have shown my art sence people seemed to like it but never my writings.
Durring the times I find myself down and at parties I usualy looked to hook up with some girl that needed someone to listen to her, I was in the in croud but low in the social order, Those girls were not hard to find growing up or I would just take a long walk alone reflecting on what the f... I did wrong to bring me to this frame of mind.