View Full Version : Ritalin OD vs comedown symptom concern

greml1n
10-04-14, 06:41 PM
Hello all!!

I am a recently discharged vet who has been put on 5mg instant release Ritalin last week (at 1 and 1/2 tabs 4 times a day)....

I never had Ritalin before and had a few questions. I know several topics like this have been posted but I have a specific question unique to my situation.
I do have slight depression and since I am getting my treatment through the VA my doctor is only avail certain days. Today is the first day I am concerned about the effects.

At first i was able to concentrate better. But now it seems that when i take it i become so focused on one thing that i am only concentrating on that specific thing and zeroing out everything else. I also notice slight agitation (getting angry at things that are realy minimal) lastly I have noticed a sense of disorentation or fog about30-40 min after dose.

I read some posts that those symptoms are common with OD. But my doses are well below the 60 mg a day mark.

are these symptoms normal for someone new to this drug? is it part of the comedown? or is my body telling me that its too much?

has anyone else had these effects when they first were written a script for Ritalin?

many thanks

Greyhound1
10-04-14, 10:53 PM
Hey Welcome to ADDF,

I think this could be related to several things. It could be your dosage, food and bev. interactions (caffeine, vitamin c, antacids etc.) with med. or proper hydration.

Your Dr. would be the best one to ask. Good luck working it out.