View Full Version : Help with paying attention, and feelings of inadequacies with group work

Thingsandstuff
10-10-14, 07:19 AM
So, i've done better in the last, almost couple of years (with no medication, or therapy) with paying attention when it comes to working alone. I used to have a big problem with procrastination (and still do), and started doing things like sectioning off the chapter so it's easier to read, making sure I get everything done instead of not completing, and turning it in, and woking in a silent space so noises won't distract me. But it would still be nice to see if anyone else has some tips for paying attention, and for study.

Also, something I continue to struggle with, is group work. I already have problems socially, and the anxiety is most likely not helping the ADD, but even then, I can't help but feel like I'm bringing the other people in the group down. It takes me longer to read thing (an hour and a half to read one chapter), and comprehend, and understand things. I always feel like i'm slowing down everyone else since there's a time limit. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to change this way of thinking?

Thingsandstuff
10-10-14, 08:19 AM
I just realized I may have posted this in the wrong section. Sorry about that.