View Full Version : Sandoz generic no longer available?

AED1955
10-10-14, 02:08 PM
I started on Ritalin IR about a year ago and for about 6 months I was receiving Mallinckrodt's generic Methylin. After reading a number of posts on the forum about the inferiority of this particular generic I decided to try the Sandoz generic. CVS was the only pharmacy in my area that carried it so last month I had the script filled there. It did seem to be much more effective than the Mallinckrodt generic so I went back to CVS this month to get my next fill and was told by the CVS pharmacist that he was no longer able to provide the Sandoz MPH because the manufacturer was no longer shipping it and they were now only carrying the Mallinckrodt generic. Since I was out of pills and did not want to go searching for a pharmacy that carried Sandoz I went ahead and had them fill it with the Mallinckrodt. Was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.

Laserbeak
10-10-14, 04:43 PM
Pharmacies buy whatever they can get the best price on, which can change from time to time. You might want to check out other pharmacies. It is also a possibility that Sandoz isn't making it any more since they are a primarily a name-brand drug company.