View Full Version : Alcohol and Seroquel anyone?

BOCK102
10-11-14, 02:47 PM
Hey guys. Has anyone on Seroquel any experiences of drinking whilst using them? It says on the meds not to drink but so many meds say that. I don't drink a lot OR often but like a night out every now and again.

Abi
10-11-14, 03:45 PM
Of the meds discussed here, alcohol is only REALLY problematic with Benzodiazepines, and then only in large quantities.

I drank when I was on Risperdal, which is in the same class as Seroquel. I'm still here.

peripatetic
10-11-14, 05:43 PM
My experience is completely different from abi's advice and I've actually taken seroquel.

Absolutely, there can be unpleasant consequences if you drink a lot. It depends on why you're taking it and how much your dosage, but I've taken seroquel and my psychiatrist has said one or two drinks is one thing, but getting wasted effectively negates having taken it that day. One day might not matter here or there, but if you need it to keep your **** together, my experience is exactly what my psychiatrist said and based on that I'd say you should keep drinking well within moderation. Having a seizure from overmuch alcohol with benzodiazepines isn't the only horror to avoid.

It sounds like your drinking is more moderate and I don't know your dosage or what it's treating but you might want to check with your doctor either way.

BOCK102
10-11-14, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys. Went out and had three drinks. Feel like the Seroquel made me feel slightly drunk after these so I didn't over do it. Appreciate the help :)