View Full Version : I'm making sounds and gibbersih words

fracturedstory
10-14-14, 03:55 AM
So I guess I'm kind of concerned. I started off singing songs, then started making up my own words then making a bunch of sounds and then I just spoken a bunch of gibberish.

Strange, I thought my manic days were long gone.

So, how do I stop this. I don't think I need to go to the hospital. I'm just struggling to spell woprds correctly. Argh. Not again! As you know doctors don't seem to believe I have bipolar. Next week I do have to see a doctor just so I can keep getting unemployment/pension benefits so I have been a bit stress out/anxious about that.

Anyway, I hope this stops soon. I can't really focus my mind on anything and I have too much energy than I know what to do with. I can see my words now floating off the page. I should probably getoff the internet now.

Fuzzy12
10-15-14, 02:34 AM
I think you should tell your psychiatrist. Maybe now they'll take your concerns seriously. How are you feeling now?

fracturedstory
10-22-14, 01:53 AM
I think this happened four more times (once each day/evening) after I posted this.

I told my psychiatrist as much as I could and he didn't show a lot of interest. He was filling out a form so I could stay on the pension and I was talking to him constantly and my thoughts were jumping all around. It was probably the first time he saw me manic.

That bit of anxiety is over now but I still don't seem to be right. I'm not having the same type of mania symptoms but I've been sleeping in, being very unstructured and just want to rest up and get back into my routine. It's a weird time for me.

Now I feel tired and like I haven't eaten enough. Yesterday's meal plans weren't very sensible so I've tried to eat a bit healthier today. I don't really know what I'm doing lately. If I can make dinner I might feel better. I went from excessive gigging/taking photos/editing photos to going back to doing nothing. It's good but it's also thrown me off, because I adapted well to constantly going out. Now I just want to sleep, eat, watch TV. I'm almost a cat.

Fuzzy12
10-22-14, 08:17 AM
How are you feeling? Could this be the start of a depressive episode? (Hopefully not!!). You said "it's good" so I'm assuming that you are feeling all right. Maybe your body is just trying to recoup and recover from the loss of energy when you were manic.

If your psychiatrist actually saw your mania in action and still doesn't want to address it, there's something seriously wrong with him, I think. :scratch:

Corina86
10-22-14, 09:04 AM
I suspect your psychiatrist thought that your symptoms are just autism symptoms (because this was the first thing I thought about, when I read your post). Are you on currently on bipolar medication?

fracturedstory
10-23-14, 01:13 AM
Aaand the sounds are back.

I didn't tell him about the gibberish, just the overspending and constant gigging/photographing.

I'm not on any bipolar meds. Every other psychiatrist just seems so expensive compared to him. There's also the worry of spending all that money and having them not take me seriously.

At one point today I felt like being institutionalized, but it passed. My roommate was smoking weed last night and it messes me up a bit to just passively inhale it.

PMS/PMDD has hit too.

Flory
10-23-14, 06:19 AM
I chatter away to myself make up stupid words say the most disgusting ***** ever, I get so hyperactive that I have to be vocal and loud ...it's almost like tic'ing, my pdoc has said it's a form of tics ..I have complete insight and am not unaware I'm doing it it just happens.
Much like what you are saying.

I think it's unlikely to be anything serious

fracturedstory
10-24-14, 12:39 AM
Mania's pretty damn serious, especially when it interferes with the way you talk to people.

It's not really like tic'ing to me. If you avoid tic'ing it feels uncomfortable, like an itch. This is just something that happens, without me having much control over it. It can last for hours and I'm a super level of hyperactive.

A religious man would say I'm possessed. A scientist would say 'would you like a tranquilizer while I look into what's going on in your brain?'

I just told my sister I could see into the future too after experiencing the exact type of deja vu for the third time. I really did believe it for a few moments.

HADDaball
10-24-14, 02:13 AM
too much energy? put it to use with exercise

BellaVita
10-25-14, 04:21 PM

Sometimes with Bipolar this can just rev the person up and make the episode even worse.....have to be careful with exercise.

InvitroCanibal
10-25-14, 07:49 PM
So I guess I'm kind of concerned. I started off singing songs, then started making up my own words then making a bunch of sounds and then I just spoken a bunch of gibberish.

Strange, I thought my manic days were long gone.

So, how do I stop this. I don't think I need to go to the hospital. I'm just struggling to spell woprds correctly. Argh. Not again! As you know doctors don't seem to believe I have bipolar. Next week I do have to see a doctor just so I can keep getting unemployment/pension benefits so I have been a bit stress out/anxious about that.

Anyway, I hope this stops soon. I can't really focus my mind on anything and I have too much energy than I know what to do with. I can see my words now floating off the page. I should probably getoff the internet now.

Sounds like a med reaction or something else. I'd talk to your doc right away if it were me. I had similar side effects to too much lamictal, i'm not saying to lower or increase anything though, i'm just saying i'd discuss it with your doc...probably now as opposed to later.

BellaVita
10-25-14, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a med reaction or something else. I'd talk to your doc right away if it were me. I had similar side effects to too much lamictal, i'm not saying to lower or increase anything though, i'm just saying i'd discuss it with your doc...probably now as opposed to later.

Man I got a bad reaction to Lamictal too like a year ago-ish. Made me really mixed. (Went on for 2+ weeks, worst episode I've ever had)

What's up with Lamictal????

I had to get off it, but thinking about giving it another shot.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread Story....how're you doing now?

fracturedstory
10-25-14, 10:54 PM

Too too too much energy to even focus the mind to decide to do exercise. It usually happens at night too.

BellaVita
10-25-14, 10:57 PM
Too too too much energy to even focus the mind to decide to do exercise. It usually happens at night too.

Can you try a hot bath with candles?

Also TRY to be aware and ONLY do one thing at a time, even if you're tempted to do several things at a time.

It's very difficult but at least try.

fracturedstory
10-25-14, 10:58 PM
Man I got a bad reaction to Lamictal too like a year ago-ish. Made me really mixed. (Went on for 2+ weeks, worst episode I've ever had)

What's up with Lamictal????

I had to get off it, but thinking about giving it another shot.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread Story....how're you doing now?

NW on the hijack. I've been doing much better. I think it was due to excessive anxiety over losing my disability support pension, which didn't seem to happen.

Tis hard to get back to my normal life though, especially on weekends. There's always a lot of people around the place. I just want to push them out the front door.

It's hard saying things to doctors. I just can't bring anything up and expect them to listen, because they don't usually hear me. The last psyche visit I had I was talking non-stop and my doc kept replying with 'mmhmm' while filling out a form.

BellaVita
10-25-14, 11:07 PM
NW on the hijack. I've been doing much better. I think it was due to excessive anxiety over losing my disability support pension, which didn't seem to happen.

Tis hard to get back to my normal life though, especially on weekends. There's always a lot of people around the place. I just want to push them out the front door.

It's hard saying things to doctors. I just can't bring anything up and expect them to listen, because they don't usually hear me. The last psyche visit I had I was talking non-stop and my doc kept replying with 'mmhmm' while filling out a form.

Ugh, that sucks.

That's lame that your doc doesn't listen.

I also have difficulties speaking to doctors. One thing that's helped me is writing down a list of my symptoms and handing it to them.

They seem to get a better idea of what's going on that way and it kinda forces them not to do anything else but focus on reading what you wrote.

fracturedstory
10-28-14, 07:31 AM
I once showed him my mood journal that was full of suicidal thoughts written down.

Yeah, no response from him.

Even my sister wants to find me a new psychiatrist. Problem is her bipolar is more severe and untreated than mine. She self-medicates with alcohol and drugs. Sometimes I don't see her for days. So, it's up to me to find that new doctor.

InvitroCanibal
11-03-14, 07:50 AM

This most likely indicates mania. Stress can trigger mania, and with the seasonal switch it seems the most likely scenario.

"* Support is available for anyone who may be distressed by calling Lifeline 131 114, Mensline 1300 789 978, Kids Helpline 1800 551 800, Black Dog Institute 1800 352 292"

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/the-massive-highs-and-miserable-lows-of-bipolar-disorder-20120217-1tcyu.html

http://www.sane.org/

http://www.bipolarcaregivers.org/resources/organisations-and-websites-dealing-with-bipolar-disorder/australia

That's a list of organizations that may be able to help specifically with this issue. I looked at your profile and saw you were located in austrailia and tried to find what I could. I hope it helps, let me know if it doesn't and i'll try to see if I can find anything else.

fracturedstory
11-05-14, 07:53 AM
Seasonal switch? It's spring. Or more specifically, a mixture of all the seasons into one.

It usually happens when I'm put under stress by Centrelink (an unemployment service). It's happened again, though I'm not as energetic because I've been playing video games all day. They make me tired.

BellaVita
11-05-14, 07:57 AM
I noticed that me and other bipolars here often have our mood swings at the same times :eek:

fracturedstory
11-09-14, 11:39 PM
Weird hey?

My gibberish has turned into singing songs at the cats. It's more of a rebound affect from meds I think. I don't really feel that manic or depressed today. This is like a rare state of mind to be in.

I'm just busily trying to edit my latest band photos.

I might think about contacting Sane.org and see if they can help me with my diagnosis.