View Full Version : Tantrum For Not Being Able To Go Outside...

Rainbows
10-20-14, 06:45 PM
My son stayed home today wouldnt get ready for school, no fever but yes cough and a few early sniffles. He stayed home and I told him he stays in today and he kept going outside when I left the room or with my dad even tho I said no. ( he was watching the workers here plus its raining off and on) Anyway overall ok all day but he got jittery when he realized the neighbors kids would be home from school and be outside. He has now been throwing a tantrum for almost 2 hours, yes with violence and screaming so loud I have a headache already.

He's the type to be have a fever of 101/102, lets say bronchitis or the Stomach flu and hes most of the time, still able to play normally. Im just venting!!!!!

sarahsweets
10-21-14, 04:26 AM
Its so tough sticking to our guns. Stay strong and keep venting!

jlynn30
10-21-14, 09:04 AM
Vent away! It's hard to stick to a decision with them screaming and throwing and flailing around...big hugs.

Dizfriz
10-21-14, 09:27 AM
My son stayed home today wouldnt get ready for school, no fever but yes cough and a few early sniffles. He stayed home and I told him he stays in today and he kept going outside when I left the room or with my dad even tho I said no. ( he was watching the workers here plus its raining off and on) Anyway overall ok all day but he got jittery when he realized the neighbors kids would be home from school and be outside. He has now been throwing a tantrum for almost 2 hours, yes with violence and screaming so loud I have a headache already.

He's the type to be have a fever of 101/102, lets say bronchitis or the Stomach flu and hes most of the time, still able to play normally. Im just venting!!!!!
A couple of things to keep in mind.

First, he may be feeling bad and that could be causative of the tantrum.

Second, if you give in, you teach him right where he needs to go next time. It is called "Teaching a child to misbehave".

Dealing with this is not easy but it is usually a thing worth doing.

Have patience with him, feeling bad can make anyone cranky.

Have patience with yourself. Dealing with a sick cranky child can be a real challenge.

Dizfriz

Rainbows
01-29-15, 12:32 AM
Sorry so long- Thank you all and yes, hes so so wild. I have given in at times esp when my dad was having chest pain so my son would stop his violence. I am wrong and agree with you all and a friend of mine not to do that.

My kids got tested and it all had rule ins/ outs, probables. Uggh, Im gonna see if theres a thread what I need to ask before I make a new one.

Tmoney
01-29-15, 11:15 AM
My mom had the same rule for me and I had the same rule for my kids. It works in the ling run all the way through high school and I would like to think my kids will do the same with their kids.

I know it is extremely difficult during violent tantrums but hang in there. make sure later when the tantrum is over you sit down with him and discuss his behavior during the tantrums and along with him try to come with alternatives for him to vent frustration that is acceptable.

Kids, we spend the first part of theirs lives teaching them to walk and talk and the other part trying to get them to sit down and shut up!

sarahsweets
03-01-15, 07:17 PM
for the record, I dont believe prohibiting outside time or holding an adhd in for recess is ever ok. Its their only way to let off some steam.