View Full Version : Sleep schedule?

RobotInDisguise
10-22-14, 11:15 AM
Just wondering if anyone else here can only maintain a regular one only when they're not dealing with project/exam season. Not sure if this is an add thing but I seem to deal with this whenever I get busy. Even with procrastination issues under control this happens lol

AshT
10-22-14, 01:28 PM
Very very much an ADHD thing. I never had any form of sleeping pattern in uni or now; I'd go to sleep different hours each night, so one night i'd go to sleep at 10pm, then 3am, then 8am, then 2pm and it'd just cycle around...I once managed to keep a sleeping pattern for 2 weeks, but I was still generally pretty tired throughout the day.

I've only ever been able to maintain one when I had strict 9-5pm work, even then I wouldn't go to bed until 3am and ended up being exhausted during the week and unable to concentrate. I have this problem no matter what's going on; the only time i DONT is when on holiday or camping for a few days.

Delayed sleep phase syndrome is very common in ADHD. We wake up at nighttime, can focus really well and have severe issues getting up in the morning.

RobotInDisguise
10-22-14, 03:36 PM
It's like as long as I show up to classes and meetings on time I'm not gonna care. But right now it's like my sleep has like no pattern whatsoever aside from im awake for classes and work. Oh and I have no issues maintaining a normal sleep schedule when it's just work. Oh yea no matter what I try if I need to come up with stuff i work best at night

AshT
10-22-14, 07:21 PM
It's like as long as I show up to classes and meetings on time I'm not gonna care. But right now it's like my sleep has like no pattern whatsoever aside from im awake for classes and work. Oh and I have no issues maintaining a normal sleep schedule when it's just work. Oh yea no matter what I try if I need to come up with stuff i work best at night

Wait so when is sleeping pattern an issue? Please give more info :).

Could be stress? I find when I wake up knowing I have to work, it's a drag and I don't wake up so well. Likewise I'll go to bed later once I've gotten into it :).

What happens when projects are on? Do you wake up later, go to bed later, struggle to sleep?

Flory
10-22-14, 07:51 PM
I can't maintain any sleep patter at all ever since I was a kid . Mum could never get me down for a nap.

I sleep maybe 3 hours one night 7 hours another then no sleep at all the next :(

pooka
10-22-14, 08:11 PM
My sleep schedule is pretty erratic. Last night I vowed to go to bed early ("early" being 11 pm for me) and ended up staying up until 2 watching movies with my friends...oops. Lately I've been taking naps to make up for my late nights, but not really on purpose...I come home from class, don't feel tired, then feel REALLY tired, and then pass out, usually on top of a textbook.

I've always been a sporadic insomniac - I'll go for a week or two where I have trouble sleeping, but usually it's not an issue. I also go for weeks at a time where I have really bizarre and vivid dreams, and then have a few weeks where I don't dream at all.

My morning classes (8 am 2 days a week and 10 am 3 days a week) have been killer this semester :(

Jenn1202
10-23-14, 12:45 AM
I'm absolutely incapable of maintaining a normal sleep schedule, even when I'm not dealing with work, projects or exams. When I'm not busy with work or projects I tend to find other things to avoid (like boring chores) and then I end up getting very little done and going to bed really late. I'm also an insomniac and always have been (which doesn't help my sleep schedule).

Maurice
10-23-14, 01:54 AM
Seriously?? What sleep schedule? In my dreams maybe. I got some sleep last night which pretty much guarantees that will get zero sleep tonight. And it's not like I have nothing to do tomorrow. I have a 10:00 appointment that really matters to me.

I have given up on hoping for, expecting a good nights sleep because I am totally burnt out, haven't had any sleep for days, whatever. I remember in my twenties where I could sleep 12-18 hours a day. Not going to happen again.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

AshT
10-23-14, 12:54 PM
Seriously?? What sleep schedule? In my dreams maybe. I got some sleep last night which pretty much guarantees that will get zero sleep tonight. And it's not like I have nothing to do tomorrow. I have a 10:00 appointment that really matters to me.

I have given up on hoping for, expecting a good nights sleep because I am totally burnt out, haven't had any sleep for days, whatever. I remember in my twenties where I could sleep 12-18 hours a day. Not going to happen again.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Hmm, your sleeping got worse as you got older? Interesting.

Eaaqas
10-23-14, 11:39 PM
Ha, Project/Exam time? I find myself up every night trying to get homework done. I spend HOURS staring at a homework problem and just can't get myself to go to bed until it is done.

When my medicine is in my system I an VERY productive, but as soon as it runs out I can't do anything.

RobotInDisguise
10-27-14, 09:02 AM
Wait so when is sleeping pattern an issue? Please give more info :).

Could be stress? I find when I wake up knowing I have to work, it's a drag and I don't wake up so well. Likewise I'll go to bed later once I've gotten into it :).

What happens when projects are on? Do you wake up later, go to bed later, struggle to sleep?

Go to bed later for sure. I follow some weird version of one of newtons laws lol. Robot,once awake, will tend to stay awake esp when working on stuff. Abd by stay awake i mean for a very long time. Likewise once asleep i tend to sleep like a log.