View Full Version : Clear plastic bins

excelsior
10-25-14, 04:55 PM
has anyone benefitted from large clear plastic containers? Where can get some? GOOD bins, reasonable price?

Maurice
10-25-14, 05:31 PM
has anyone benefitted from large clear plastic containers? Where can get some? GOOD bins, reasonable price?

Yes I've bought some at Walmart made by Rubbermaid. Can't tell you about any huge benefits compared to the ones you can't see through.

It's like I have a lot of "toy boxes.":D

dvdnvwls
10-25-14, 07:02 PM
Some benefits of transparent storage:

- You can always see what you've got.

- You can see how full the bin is without opening it.

- It's very common for the sight of an object to act as a (purposeful or accidental) reminder.

Flory
10-25-14, 08:08 PM
My only thing with clear bins is that I can't do my secret cleaning method which is just jamming everythig in and hiding it because looking at it bothers me lol

Maurice
10-25-14, 08:14 PM
Some benefits of transparent storage:

- You can always see what you've got.

- You can see how full the bin is without opening it.

- It's very common for the sight of an object to act as a (purposeful or accidental) reminder.

EXACTLY why I bought them! But it just didn't work out that way for me. I put so many things,[crap], into them NOBODY could ever tell by looking at them what is in them. Another nice try/failure.

Maurice
10-25-14, 08:15 PM
My only thing with clear bins is that I can't do my secret cleaning method which is just jamming everythig in and hiding it because looking at it bothers me lol

That's why I bought them in the beginning!

excelsior
10-27-14, 03:16 PM
Another great thing is, simply, that they're somewhere to put stuff! Some stuff, though I'll have to donate or throw out. I have an attic apartment, not a lot of space! I've used that secret cleaning method, too, Flory! lol

FellowADDer
04-15-15, 08:34 PM
Even better... bins that are colored and show through just a little. It's great because it gives a hint of what's in there and how full it is, but doesn't show enough to ever look messy.

4rch0n4n6313
08-02-15, 12:01 AM
I just randomly put stuff in bins to the point i dont put anything in the bin cause I dont want it lost in the clutter...then all the bins end up empty and everything is everywhere anyway......*sigh*

someothertime
08-03-15, 02:49 AM
I bought about 10 and they have helped on and off...... there are alot of brittle cheap and expensive ones so the softer they feel the better.....

I seem to use them as stuff boxes..... the size....... well ....... any larger and they are too piled any smaller and too many....... as they are they are way too mixed but at least every couple of months i can re stuff them a little more accurately then move to the garage.....

Issues seem to arise when i want someting from one.... or a couple of things from a few.... most get brought upstairs and everyting is undone...... So unpacking seems to be a much bigger thing than pachking itself!