View Full Version : So normal people don't go through this?

BellaVita
10-26-14, 10:09 PM
Or this isn't a normal part of ADHD?

I always assumed it was.

Lemme explain.

Sometimes I get very irritable for days on end with a need to do something, I thought that was just ADHD.

During those periods I also have increased energy, talk a lot because I feel anxious like I have to keep talking, and also my anxiety about certain things like talking to people shoots through the roof.

I also sometimes cry at the drop of a hat during those times, or have this weird anxious laughter....or randomly scream and shout for an extended period of time and stomp my feet

I always thought this was ADHD, but dvdnvwls found a Bipolar website that explained this is very common with Bipolar, and that sometimes it goes unrecognized (dvd said something like reading the website was like "oh look there's Bella!" :o)

I then have periods when I feel peace and like I can calm myself and not overly snappy (and the irritability vanishes) Also the internal restlessness (I describe it as an "irritability tornado") calms down. Those are the times I feel normal.

I'm hoping I can get on a mood stabilizer soon that actually works, because I didn't know that people can actually feel that normal state that I explained above all the time!

I didn't know ADHD'ers didn't have irritable moods that lasted for days....

Really glad I found this out. :) Glad to know that my life can have more peace...

danbui80
10-27-14, 04:50 AM
I feel for you.

I can relate to all you have said.

A lot of times I'll get into this "mean joking"
I think I'm being hilarious but everyone tells me I'm being mean.

Not sure if that makes sense or is related.

I've fought the bipolar diagnosis for quite a few years.
Just now starting to think its accurate.

I hope you find a mood stabalizer that works wonderfully. I hope the same for myself.

No luck so far.

Rebelyell
10-27-14, 05:29 AM
It's called mania bellavita or you could be having a mixed episode.

BellaVita
10-27-14, 06:13 AM
I feel for you.

I can relate to all you have said.

A lot of times I'll get into this "mean joking"
I think I'm being hilarious but everyone tells me I'm being mean.

Not sure if that makes sense or is related.

I've fought the bipolar diagnosis for quite a few years.
Just now starting to think its accurate.

I hope you find a mood stabalizer that works wonderfully. I hope the same for myself.

No luck so far.

Same with me, about thinking it could be accurate.

:\

But it's the only thing that really makes sense. And already been diagnosed with Bipolar by 2 diff pdocs kinda makes me think it's true.

Hope all goes well for you :)

BellaVita
10-27-14, 06:16 AM
It's called mania bellavita or you could be having a mixed episode.

Not happening right now, it just happens sometimes for several days at a time

Fuzzy12
10-27-14, 07:53 AM
I get irritable mood that lasts for days for no apparent reason. It doesn't happen often and when it does happen I think it's probably a mixed episode but then I'm not sure if I'm really bipolar. :scratch:

I think, if you get irritated easily (which I do but is different from the episodes above) but these little irritations are caused by particular triggers it's most probably ADHD. If there is no trigger and you are just continuously irritable for most of the day for several days it's probably a mood disorder.

Abi
10-27-14, 08:20 AM
yup

bipolar sweets

Abi
10-27-14, 08:20 AM
i told you long ago youre one of us

BellaVita
10-27-14, 08:32 AM
I get irritable mood that lasts for days for no apparent reason. It doesn't happen often and when it does happen I think it's probably a mixed episode but then I'm not sure if I'm really bipolar. :scratch:

I think, if you get irritated easily (which I do but is different from the episodes above) but these little irritations are caused by particular triggers it's most probably ADHD. If there is no trigger and you are just continuously irritable for most of the day for several days it's probably a mood disorder.

That sounds pretty bipolar to me, and weren't you already diagnosed?

Yep, just continuously irritable for most of the day for several days....

On my psych record, my old pdoc who didn't know what he was doing put "irritable mood disorder" lol ugh

BellaVita
10-27-14, 08:33 AM
i told you long ago youre one of us

Yes you did.

You are very perceptive.....

sarahsweets
10-28-14, 04:47 AM
I thought you were already diagnosed? Either way,welcome to the dark side.

Fuzzy12
10-28-14, 04:59 AM
That sounds pretty bipolar to me, and weren't you already diagnosed?

Yep, just continuously irritable for most of the day for several days....

On my psych record, my old pdoc who didn't know what he was doing put "irritable mood disorder" lol ugh

irritable mood disorder.. :rolleyes::lol:

Yes, I was diagnosed with BP II but then the psychiatrist who diagnosed me ADHD thought that my mood swings are due to severe issues with emotional regulation characteristic of ADHD rather than BP. I'm not sure. My mood is a lot more balanced with stimulants though!!!

fracturedstory
10-28-14, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I get anxious about needing to something. Even on Ritalin anxiety was my greatest motivator. I was constantly freaking out about not doing things fast enough.

The irritable mood for days reminds me of my PMDD, though now I get that without the PMDD. Sometimes I stop and think 'why does it seem like I'm going through pms? It should be happening yet.' I also call PMDD bipolar pms so people can get a better understanding of it.

I hardly used to talk to people before this mania thing happened. I keep catching myself out and thinking, 'wow, I'm really talking a lot to this person.'

I have no idea when I'll be properly medicated for this condition.

Now I'm freaking out about my eyes getting even more sensitive because I just broke my reading glasses. They're only $20 at a store across the street. I need to calm down.

Lunacie
10-28-14, 10:11 AM
irritable mood disorder.. :rolleyes::lol:

Yes, I was diagnosed with BP II but then the psychiatrist who diagnosed me ADHD thought that my mood swings are due to severe issues with emotional regulation characteristic of ADHD rather than BP. I'm not sure. My mood is a lot more balanced with stimulants though!!!

:yes: Irritable Mood Disorder.

I find the anti-depressant I take for anxiety helps prevent these episodes -
for me they are actually prolonged anxiety attacks.

Fuzzy12
10-28-14, 10:59 AM
:yes: Irritable Mood Disorder.

I find the anti-depressant I take for anxiety helps prevent these episodes -
for me they are actually prolonged anxiety attacks.

For me, anti depressants helped superbly with anxiety, much more so than with depression. Interestingly, the stimulants help me with anxiety as well. I can still feel stress but I'm a lot less anxious (and generally, just much more even, balanced) so I'm wondering if anxiety is actually caused by ADHD as well in the form of emotional dysregulation.

Abi
10-28-14, 12:13 PM
Im just posting here because just.

I was thinking ... we have a section a out how our mental illness impact our jo s
How about how our jobs cause us mental illnesss

BellaVita
10-29-14, 02:21 AM
I thought you were already diagnosed? Either way,welcome to the dark side.

First I was diagnosed by old pdoc as "irritable mood disorder", second pdoc Bipolar-NOS, third pdoc mild bipolar/Bipolar 2

This sucks I can't seem to shake this irritability, been following me for well over a week.

I wonder if I'm involved in too much activity or just overall stress....

BellaVita
10-29-14, 02:21 AM
Im just posting here because just.

I was thinking ... we have a section a out how our mental illness impact our jo s
How about how our jobs cause us mental illnesss

:goodpost: yep

someothertime
10-29-14, 07:59 AM
well.... it's a fine line.......

it does seem that more ADHD / fluctuation type is more linked with external things.... ( expectations, events, current situations )

i believe our emotional baseline lends itself to resonance into what are beyond ADHD..... though quite closely and intrinsicly linked ( commonly but not necissarily always )

i've been quite alot like the op for most of my life..... though i precieved these as "transient states of internal vs external" aka..... some days i'd be carefree..... some fuzzy.... some days out some days in.......

i honestly think looking beyond these behaviors will yeild more tangible understanding....... i think someone said something on another thread about mania for NT's being "fun times".... oversimplification.... though they are definately not always negative....

as i reread the op..... it can be really hard to differentiate....... one would bring attention to life's constants and if they are present..... also bi-directional interaction/s.