View Full Version : Health Issues Caused by Certain Foods, incl. ADHD

HabitualCreatur
10-27-14, 06:58 AM
The following is a website from a dietician of over 30yrs, who has published books, articles, and blogs on food intolerances, and the symptoms of same.

You can find her website by googling "food intolerance pro".

Whilst posting this for any help that it may offer, i don't necessarily agree with it "causing" ADHD - diet could certainly worsen the symptoms... i can always recall my childhood GP telling mum, "don't give her red lollies or apples." My first "diagnosis"... (i wasn't formally diagnosed until age 42!!).

Onwards to read about eczema, ADHD, IBS, and what was that other symtom that i get>??? Oh yeah... irritability! :))

Best

HC

sarahsweets
10-27-14, 03:21 PM
The red lollipops I get because of the food dye but apples????

HabitualCreatur
11-06-14, 01:44 AM
Apologies

I meant red lollies and RED apples. Just google "red apples" AND adhd OR add.

Quote:

"Salicylates
When does an apple a day not keep the doctor away? When the person eating the apple is sensitive to salicylate. This is a natural substance abundant in red apples and other healthy foods like almonds, cranberries, grapes, and tomatoes. In the 1970s, Dr. Benjamin Feingold eliminated artificial dyes and flavors and salicylates from the diets of his hyperactive patients. He claimed 30 to 50 percent of them improved."

HC

Little Missy
11-06-14, 05:13 AM
Well, no wonder I'm such an up and down mess. I always eat an apple a day.

Corina86
11-06-14, 10:59 AM
I seem to be more ADHD whenever I eat products that contain wheat, dairy, fruit (worse of all!), vegetables, meat and fish. I'm not sure about the nuts though.

Lunacie
11-06-14, 11:59 AM
Food sensitivities can actually mimic the symptoms of ADHD -
as can other things like depression and thyroid disorder.
And they can certainly exacerbate the symptoms of ADHD.

You're right though, they cannot and do not 'cause' ADHD.