View Full Version : Has Anyone Tried "Laser"?

Fongbao
10-27-14, 09:01 PM
Hello Friends,

Has anyone tried Laser "Super Focus Formula Instant Energy Spray", available on Amazon?

I've been reading about things being absorbed more efficiently when applied under the tongue but other than B12 I haven't tried it. They mention ADD but no reviews show up.

Any help appreciated.

fong

namazu
10-28-14, 01:00 AM
I haven't tried it, but I'm wary.

It contains a bunch of things -- caffeine, GVS-111 (Noopept), and sulbutiamine (Arcalion).

Per Wikipedia, sulbutiamine is available over the counter (though I'm not sure in which countries). However, if this is the case, I don't see the usual "drug facts" on the packaging as would normally be required for OTC drugs. Alternatively, it may be an unlicensed drug that isn't FDA-approved. Since it's a synthetic derivative rather than a natural compound, I think it would need FDA approval to be sold legally in the US, but I'm not 100% sure.

And I find the claim of "no side effects" to be fishy. Anything that is strong enough to have an effect can usually have side effects. Certainly, caffeine can have side effects similar to other stimulants.

Also, I notice that the product on Amazon has exactly 2 reviews, both written yesterday in glowing terms. Since both of the reviews were written by people who hadn't reviewed anything else except other products by the same manufacturer, and didn't have verified purchases of this product, I wouldn't be surprised if the reviews were written by people associated with the company to boost sales.

My advice... If you want caffeine, brew a nice cup of coffee. Hold it under your tongue if you want. But avoid products like this that throw together a bunch of substances in unspecified quantities and make unsubstantiated claims about their product being useful in treating ADHD.

burger
10-28-14, 03:52 AM
GVS-111 (noopept - a racetam) may require a choline source and the dosages are quite small (10-30 mg / day). Some people have tried it for ADD but say it doesn't compare to ADD meds. I would have thought it would be good for ADD. Piracetam is another racetam people have tried.
http://examine.com/supplements/Noopept/

L-theanine + caffeine can be bought separately or combined into one pill. You can search this forum for people who have used it.

sulbutiamine - fights fatigue, may increase memory
http://examine.com/supplements/Sulbutiamine/

For the price of the spray you can buy about a months worth of all of the above in loose powder form from quite a few vendors. The bottle looks kind of small. No idea if it will work. I wonder what dosage you are getting?

sarahsweets
10-28-14, 04:56 AM
I would be hesitant to try anything that claims to treat adhd from amazon. You can order clothes,tools,sex toys,dishes and jewelry from amazon. Would you be comfortable ordering a med from the same place you bought a diamond ring and a vibrator?

Little Missy
10-28-14, 06:09 AM
Yuck. Wouldn't try it if I was paid to. Snake oil, baby.

Fongbao
10-30-14, 05:25 PM
Good responses. Thank you. I may try it since I have tried some of the ingredients seperately and found they were, while not totally effective, somewhat helpful in that my mind quieted down. Will report if I get it.

Flory
10-30-14, 06:02 PM
Lmao, Sarah :')))) pahahaha

I'm suspicious of anything called natural medicine in it's entirety to be honest

Maurice
10-30-14, 07:58 PM
Yes!!! I have a green laser sight. Works great!! Very very accurate.

Viridian is the maker.

Fongbao
10-31-14, 02:17 PM
Not being ready to shoot anyone/anything, but still liking lasers, I ordered the Laser spray from Amazon. I will let you know what the effects are, if any.

Maurice
10-31-14, 04:34 PM
Not being ready to shoot anyone/anything, but still liking lasers, I ordered the Laser spray from Amazon. I will let you know what the effects are, if any.

Lol!! Just paper targets and I kill a lot of tin cans!

Fongbao
11-01-14, 10:36 AM
I like that. Cans better watch it!

Fongbao
11-04-14, 03:11 PM
Laser should be here today. I will report any effects.

Fongbao
11-05-14, 09:28 PM
That stuff definitely 'works'. Whether my add is better is hard to say, but my mind was super clear, briefly, and i had a bit more pep. I tried 2 sprays, but tomorrow maybe more. it seemed to wear off after a few hours or at least i couldn't notice it any longer.

sarahsweets
11-05-14, 11:05 PM
Works great in the bikini area.

BellaVita
11-06-14, 02:02 AM
Maybe that's from the caffeine in it?

burger
11-06-14, 06:50 AM
That stuff definitely 'works'. Whether my add is better is hard to say, but my mind was super clear, briefly, and i had a bit more pep. I tried 2 sprays, but tomorrow maybe more. it seemed to wear off after a few hours or at least i couldn't notice it any longer.

Does it feel like it's the l-theanine+caffeine or more? A few hours is about what you might get from those two chemicals working together. I have never tried sulbutiamine or noopept but from reading sulbutiamine seems like a mood enhancer. Are you getting measurable results or just feeling better? Also be aware that your body adapts to sulbutiamine and l-theanine over time (might be less than two weeks) reducing it's effectiveness so you might want to go easy on the spray or cycle it?

Fongbao
11-06-14, 08:50 AM
Must be the caffeine + l-theanine. There are lots of studies showing that this combination is much more effective than caffeine alone. under the tongue is super interesting, too.

Fongbao
11-09-14, 10:50 AM
Laser really works for me. I'm feeling generally more motivated and it seems to be more effective after a few days than it was at first. I looked up the ingredients, and one tends to increase in effectiveness over time. Maybe that's build up?

Fongbao
11-09-14, 10:52 AM
noopept shows increasing results over time according to some studies. I have found this stuff is more effective after 3 days or so than it was in the beginning, but maybe I'm just paying attention more closely.

burger
11-10-14, 05:17 AM
It's probably the noopept. I played around with piracetam at 200mg x 3 per day.

For piracetam I got:

-If I added caffeine to piracetam it gave me an intense focus which wasn't as useful or as good as just using L-theanine+caffeine

-piracetam decreased my working memory by about 0.73 of a dual n-back level :(

-I lost the ability to see fine details (cleaning up and seeing messes became a lower priority and didn't seem to register in my mind as well)

-made me feel relaxed and amplified enjoyment of things I liked (music, video games,etc...)

-I am pretty sure I became better at video games and my reaction time decreased by a small bit I think

-time passed by much much quicker

-verbal fluency improved

-less inhibited

-attention increased but not sure if useful

Basically I consider piracetam a mood enhancer that gives you some focus at a cost. I think the effect on working memory varies but others have had their dual n-back levels decrease on piracetam. The accelerated passage of time is a bad sign also. The mood enhancing properties are kind of deceptive.

Fongbao
11-12-14, 02:32 PM
Very interesting. I have tried noopept and pirecetam by themselves and find that this mixture is both more effective and more subtle. I will pay attention and take what you say into account. Thanks!