View Full Version : Combining nootropics with dexamphetamine for ADD?

ak2146
10-29-14, 02:35 AM
Greetings All,

I’m a newbie to this forum, and I’m posting this hoping for some advice from fellow forum members.
I live in Sydney, Australia and I was recently diagnosed with ADD and prescribed 15mg of dexamphetamine Sulfate (5mg three times a day – 6am/12pm/6pm) (Dextrostat).

My problem is that I really do not notice any major changes in my daily interactions and activities, especially in relation to my attention span and staying/finishing tasks on hand. I truly cannot say that the medications are helping me at all. I do notice the following since I started this medication:

1. I get more restless and nervous.
2. I get very talkative without any consideration as to appropriateness and/or context. I’m basically talking a lot without thinking. This is getting me into a lot of conflict with others.
3. My mind is rushing with multiple thoughts and it’s hard for me to ‘stick’ or ‘focus’ on any one thought for any period of time.
4. My mouth is constantly drying up and this is affecting my speaking ability.

A friend of mine (also living with inattentive ADD) suggested that I might try to combine some nootropics to my daily medications. In particular, he suggested combining the following with my daily-prescribed dexamphetamine:

• 150mg of Picamilon (2 times a day – 6am/12pm)
• 200mg of Penibut (2 times a day - 6am/12pm)
• 750mg of Aniracetam (2 times a day - 6am/12pm)

Does anyone here have any experience or advice as to combining the above nootropics with my daily dosage of dexamphetamine? Will this combination take away the ‘jitters’ and ‘nervousness’ that comes on from my dexamphetamine?

I would be most obliged for any comments/suggestions from experienced forum members. Thank you.

Regards,

Ak2146.

Pilgrim
10-29-14, 06:40 AM
Sometimes over medication can lead to nervousness and talkativeness. I don't know about these other medications though. I would like to.

ak2146
10-29-14, 10:51 PM
Thanks.

Flory
10-29-14, 10:56 PM
i dont know what any of that stuff is....is it even safe?

you are on a quite low dose to be getting side effects like that unless its brand new to you?

i tend to just keep it simple and take what i'm prescribed

ak2146
10-30-14, 05:19 AM
Thanks.

mliw92
10-30-14, 02:41 PM
Picamilon - Don't know much about this one.
Penibut - Please don't, it's ok to take it twice a week but not more. You will build up tolerance fast, it's addicting and the withdrawals are really bad.
Aniracetam - I would advice against taking ANY racetam in combination with Dexedrine.

Did you try L-Theanine? CBT/Meditation/Exercise can help too.

dag nab it
10-30-14, 09:54 PM
If you have ADD, your dose might be too low. The medication dose could be enough to wake you up from your lazy daydreaming state, but not enough to give you focus. [Although 5 mg works for some people, it is a low dose.] I also wonder whether you should be taking the meds so late at 6 p.m. Dex might be damaging your sleep quality - and thus making your brain a bit manic.

On the other hand, perhaps you don't have ADD. Or have ADD but something else also needs fixing.

I would not start with other herbs, nootropics, etc. until you figure out what's going on with your medication and dose.

daveddd
10-30-14, 09:59 PM
those are side effects (sometimes desired ones by street users)

i would definitely run anything you take past your doctor