View Full Version : is it true??about strattea

dorcohenn
10-29-14, 08:59 AM
my doctor said that strattera is like ritalin with ciprleax
alot people take strattera and think that it is help to their add
but it is help becuse they have anixety
and it give the same result if they were take ciprleax
also he said that strattera worth alot money and alot people use it becuse
they have good advertsing and it is very big company take makes miliones of dollars
and it is not worth the money
better to take ritalin with ciprleax
i was in shock
i realy wanted to take strattera i tough it can help me

he said if you want to take strattra i will give you i will not stop but
i think who take it
he is stupid

what to do :(
to try ciprlex with ritalin? altough i dont have anxiety or to take
strattera and he just talking ****?

he gave me to take 10 mg ciperleax per day
and to take 4 ritaling-10 mg

to use twice a day 10 and 10
and 10 and 10 toghter

he said that ritalin is more affective then concerta
so take even 6 ritalin each day and in the end it is the same mg
like concerta and you will get better result

(so for that english i did my best :( )

i need help what should i do??

to try ciperlax??
he just talking bul****?? and to take strattera?

Corina86
10-30-14, 04:54 AM
Your doctor seems to be pretty realistic about the prices of the medication.

Why not try Ritalin first and see how you react to it? Strattera is an expensive drug and, judging by the experience of most people on this forum, it's less effective for treating ADHD than Ritalin/Concerta. Also, Ritalin and Concerta are from the same class of substances (methylphenidat), the difference being that Concerta is longer acting than Ritalin. If you've never been medicated before, I think Ritalin is a good start. There's no guarantee that the drug will work for you, it's a trial and error process before you find the right medication and dosage.

Cipralex is prescribed for depression and anxiety. I didn't understand from your post if you suffer from that. If you do, then Cipralex might do you good. If you don't believe you have anxiety or depression, you're not obliged to take any drug.

dorcohenn
10-30-14, 07:02 AM
ya i use concerta now for something like 2 months
and i feel just a little bit diffrent (54mg)

i dont use ciperelax
but when i went to doctor the doctor said that
strattera is the same affect like ciperelax and ritalin toghter
but worth alot more

i confuse
becuse i tought strattera can be very useful for add
but now i hear
that is good only if you have kind of deppresion too?

Flory
10-30-14, 08:37 AM
My doctor literally said "it's a bit s**t to be honest" about strattera
You may benefit and some people have good effects from it.

I would personally not try it until I'd exhausted the stimulant route
It can be beneficial for people that have ha problems with drug abuse in that I don't think it's something that can be abused in the same way as stims etx

Corina86
10-30-14, 10:33 AM
Strattera is definitely not the same as Cipralex and Ritalin together. It can be used even if you don't have depression. Why is your doctor pushing you to take an anti-depressive?

DecoyOctopus
10-30-14, 11:18 AM
I was on Strattera before my insurance ran out for the year. i'm on Adderall XR 20mg now. I have to say, Adderall works better than Strattera did for me. Just my experience.

dorcohenn
10-30-14, 07:58 PM
Strattera is definitely not the same as Cipralex and Ritalin together. It can be used even if you don't have depression. Why is your doctor pushing you to take an anti-depressive?

so you think it can work better then ritalin even tough i dont have any
deppresion? i just have type of add i think :(
when i was a kid i had adhd
but now after alot meditation i have only add

Corina86
10-31-14, 03:35 AM
I don't know what will work for you or not. Nobody can tell you for sure and I'm not doctor anyway. Strattera can work for ADHD even if you don't have depression.

Meteodan
10-31-14, 12:31 PM
Strattera is not an antidepressant, nor is it an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety: except for treating anxiety that is secondary or brought on by ADHD).

I can only speak for myself, but Strattera worked very well for my ADHD-PI symptoms. My psychiatrist said that of all the patients he's treated with it, my response was the best. I only stopped it because of side effects.

It may or may not work for you, and the only way to know for sure is to give it a try. On the other hand, what Flory and others have said here is good advice. If you have the option, I would start with stimulants, and if those don't work out, go for the Strattera.

michaelaisabell
12-05-14, 12:39 AM
The thing about straterra is that when it does work it works really well but it only works for about 30% of ppl with adhd. ( according to some lecture from some psychiatrist who cited some study that I don't care to look for right now)

ahmeda
12-05-14, 07:52 AM
so you think it can work better then ritalin even tough i dont have any
deppresion? i just have type of add i think :(

It really depends:

First of all

-Strattera increase noradrenaline by blocking re-uptake of noradrenaline
-Ritalin increase dopamine and noradrenaline by blocking re-uptake of these both, dopamine and noradrenaline: both of which have been thought to play an important role in ADHD

Second:
-ADHD-person with or without depression can find Strattera a better solution than Ritalin in treating AD(H)D and comorbid anxiety
- What has been said about Strattera is, that because it is solely Noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitor, it could help people with ADD who has anxiety as a comorbid sickness (Anxiety has been treated by SNRIs -not common though, in my opinion- and since Strattera is SNRI your doc. has probably meant that it is sort of like anti-anxiety medicine?)
- Both Ritalin and Strattera can ease anxiety, because they can eliminate the "hassle, restleness etc." in your brain: this hassle can create anxiety, restleness itself. But once again, how each medicine influence really depends on the individual: for some it works, for some not.

A rather good, easy readable article from Mr. Barkley x-plaining about stimulants vs Strattera vs. ADHD-I:

http://www.primarilyinattentiveadd.com/2009/12/best-medicine-for-inattentive-adhd.html

Hopefully this helped, and not f...d up things even more :eek:. I am not so good at explaining things. All the best.

mctavish23
12-05-14, 01:24 PM
Short Answer = No.

Atamoxetine was originally developed as an antidepressant, which is why it does nothing

for impulsivity. The only correlation I can (subjectively) report is that they both made

me sick.

u r welcome :cool:

Lizzie80
12-31-14, 05:51 PM
Strattera is not an antidepressant, nor is it an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety: except for treating anxiety that is secondary or brought on by ADHD).

I can only speak for myself, but Strattera worked very well for my ADHD-PI symptoms. My psychiatrist said that of all the patients he's treated with it, my response was the best. I only stopped it because of side effects.

It may or may not work for you, and the only way to know for sure is to give it a try. On the other hand, what Flory and others have said here is good advice. If you have the option, I would start with stimulants, and if those don't work out, go for the Strattera.

What were your side effects with Strattera? I'm thinking of adding it or something like it for norepinephrine issues. Leary about new meds, curious to hear positive and negative effects of it...

Meteodan
01-06-15, 10:33 AM
What were your side effects with Strattera? I'm thinking of adding it or something like it for norepinephrine issues. Leary about new meds, curious to hear positive and negative effects of it...

TMI warning:

The main side effects were some erectile dysfunction (though not terrible), out-of-sync ejaculation and orgasm and associated loss of control, painful and retrograde ejaculation, and weaker orgasm overall.

I don't recall any other side effects. As I said, the mental benefits were very good for me, especially at 40-60 mg/day (I stopped before going higher than that).