View Full Version : Concerta - half life and sleep

Demonoid
10-29-14, 09:35 AM
Those on Concerta, do you find it lasts as long as it supposed to? do you feel it drop off? Adderall seemed to work great for me for the first couple months but now I find 20mg ER taken at 7:30 am wears off by 1:00 pm and it simply doesn't work well overall now for my focus level, not sure if my doc will up the dose but he's big on Concerta and have a feeling he'll start me on it.

I'm partially on this drug because of narcoleptic type symptoms and non restorative sleep. Just curious if anyone on Concerta has this issue and if it helps.

I see the doc on Monday so I'm trying to make a decision to try 30mg of Adderall or just switch.

Thanks

Maurice
10-29-14, 10:07 PM
Those on Concerta, do you find it lasts as long as it supposed to? do you feel it drop off? Adderall seemed to work great for me for the first couple months but now I find 20mg ER taken at 7:30 am wears off by 1:00 pm and it simply doesn't work well overall now for my focus level, not sure if my doc will up the dose but he's big on Concerta and have a feeling he'll start me on it.

I'm partially on this drug because of narcoleptic type symptoms and non restorative sleep. Just curious if anyone on Concerta has this issue and if it helps.

I see the doc on Monday so I'm trying to make a decision to try 30mg of Adderall or just switch.

Thanks

I had the exact same problem when I first started Adderall XR. I don't get up as early as you, but it was wearing off in the middle of the afternoon. The fix was very simple. Instead of one Adderall XR a day, two Adderall XRs a day! Sorry can't help with the narcolepsy question.

Best of luck to you at your doctor appointment!!