View Full Version : What stimulant works for you the best?

asilaydying84
10-29-14, 10:09 PM
I just recently got prescribed desoxyn. after careful review and reading about it for hours on end. I weighed the goods and bads and have to say there aint no bad effects yet. no side effects like Adderall and all these new pro-drugs. I hated hyperfocus that Adderall gives. it was like being a robot. just to much for me. sounds funny because desoxyn is methamphetamine. but until you try it don't knock it. yes it can be neurotoxic, but with the dosage only being max at 5 mg. I don't believe it damages your synapse cleft to the degree people imagine. it has no nasty jitters no rapid heart rate . its weird because I can eat and sleep on it no problem. all the other amphetamines kept me up most of the night and I was given valium to help with that. no thank you to benzo daily, bad news. It works for me so far and will continue to take it until im told otherwise.

Flory
10-29-14, 10:54 PM
Dex <3

Maurice
10-30-14, 12:11 AM
Adderall XR twice a day.

asilaydying84
10-30-14, 12:22 AM
Adderall XR twice a day.

That is one of the meds ive not tried. I have had ir Adderall and it was terrible. how do they compare one to another

sarahsweets
10-30-14, 05:48 AM
Adderall xr. I was taking ir but the peaks and valleys always sucked. I take adderall xr 3 times a day.

Jenn1202
10-30-14, 11:47 PM
I'm still trying to figure it out. I could not tolerate Adderall, Ritalin or Focalin. I'm currently on Dexedrine and sometimes I get side effects from it (mainly mild heart racing).

Unfortunately, I don't think I can take Desoxyn (even though my doctor prescribes it and my insurance would cover it), because of my heart issues/palpitations/PVCs & PACs :(.

Babylon5
11-03-14, 08:28 PM
I've only ever used Dexedrine Spansules and Concerta. I prefer Concerta (I currently take 90 mg, but will increase it to 108 mg in the future) over Dexedrine Spansules because of its longer half-life, and it doesn't carry the same dietary restrictions as amphetamine-based products. Plus methylphenidate is more like cocaine, while amphetamines are more like speed (which is what Desoxyn is) — the poor man's cocaine if you will.

BellaVita
11-03-14, 08:30 PM
I've only ever used Dexedrine Spansules and Concerta. I prefer Concerta over Dexedrine Spansules because of its longer half-life, and it doesn't carry the same dietary restrictions as amphetamine-based products. Plus methylphenidate is more like cocaine, while amphetamines are more like speed (which is what Desoxyn is) the poor man's cocaine if you will.

Noooooooooooooo

These statements are what makes people so against meds, when it could save their life :(

Babylon5
11-03-14, 08:50 PM
Noooooooooooooo

These statements are what makes people so against meds, when it could save their life :(
I was just saying why I think MPH products are superior to AMP products.

BellaVita
11-03-14, 08:55 PM
I was just stating why I think MPH products are superior to AMP products.

How does relating it to cocaine help that argument?

Babylon5
11-03-14, 09:19 PM
How does relating it to cocaine help that argument?
Cocaine is more expensive (and has more status) and is nowhere near as neurotoxic as meth.

BellaVita
11-03-14, 09:29 PM
Cocaine is more expensive (the more status it has) and is nowhere near as neurotoxic as meth.

Doesn't matter, that still makes ADHD meds sound bad when comparing them to street drugs.

They aren't the same at all.

Maurice
11-03-14, 09:40 PM
I just recently got prescribed desoxyn. after careful review and reading about it for hours on end. I weighed the goods and bads and have to say there aint no bad effects yet. no side effects like Adderall and all these new pro-drugs. I hated hyperfocus that Adderall gives. it was like being a robot. just to much for me. sounds funny because desoxyn is methamphetamine. but until you try it don't knock it. yes it can be neurotoxic, but with the dosage only being max at 5 mg. I don't believe it damages your synapse cleft to the degree people imagine. it has no nasty jitters no rapid heart rate . its weird because I can eat and sleep on it no problem. all the other amphetamines kept me up most of the night and I was given valium to help with that. no thank you to benzo daily, bad news. It works for me so far and will continue to take it until im told otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
Adderall XR twice a day.
That is one of the meds ive not tried. I have had ir Adderall and it was terrible. how do they compare one to another

Glad to hear that you aren't experiencing any side effects on the Desoxyn.
I just recently put a prior authorization for name brand [Shire] last Thursday and somehow was lucky enough to be able get approval by Friday afternoon. I had tolerated headaches, very upset stomach, heart palpitations, nervousness, and anxiety after geting tricked at CVS when they substituted Adderall XR for AUROBINDO AMPHETAMINE SALTS.

Now that I've been taking SHIRE Adderall XR 25mg. 2 X a day since Friday, surprise, NO SIDE EFFECTS. I researched AUROBINDO Manufacturing and the amphetamine salts they produce are made in India. I also checked the FDA website and sure enough the FDA had sited them for having microorganisms growing in their labs where they make this amphetamine salts. I also soon discovered that I was far from alone in discovering the hard way that AUROBINDO products are pure s#*t!!

That may have been your problem with Adderall. I can't tell you how real Adderall XR compares to Adderall IR, because I have always taken XR.

HADDaball
11-04-14, 04:13 PM
Ritalin works the best, so far.

bit concerned about the heart risks though...

omygaudio
02-12-15, 03:43 AM
Cocaine is more expensive (and has more status) and is nowhere near as neurotoxic as meth.

Meth neurotoxicity can be reduced/prevented to some extent. Meth is nowhere near as cardiotoxic as cocaine.

Pilgrim
02-15-15, 04:27 AM
Dex x 4. I've had Methelphenidate as well. I like Dexamphetamine the best. I've got to take a short break every now and again though.

InvitroCanibal
02-17-15, 10:46 PM

It's funny, I tried desoxyn early on in my med trials and it made me jittery but d-amph was the one that worked the best.

It seems odd to me that I hear how smooth desoxyn is but it was pretty much nightmares in a bottle for me, even at 5mg doses. D-amph always was the least stimulating and most calming for me.

Although I switched to adderall to save money...a choice I've regretted for the last 6 months.

karbouris
02-23-15, 07:27 PM
To be honest, ive never had desoxyn, but I accidently tried meth once. I felt normal lol. Focalin is hands down the best medication for me. If it wouldnt poop out after 3 months, id probaly still be on it. Quillivant works great too. I guess im more of a ritalin fan.

Sickle
03-04-15, 05:47 PM
Dexedrine, back when it still had brand tablets and spansules together. Desoxyn didn't slow me down at all. In fact, it felt like I was on nothing but a diet pill. Adderall is tolerable but I prefer the Dexedrine. Focalin is the only other one I would ever take. Desoxyn was worthless

Bouncingoffwall
05-27-15, 03:00 PM
Methylphenidate has consistently produced good results, provided I take weekend breaks and an occasional "holiday" to prevent tolerance build-up. With IR, I'm still at the same 10 mg dose I've always been at.

I just started taking 27 mg Concerta in the morning, with a 10 mg IR booster for the afternoon. Still too soon to give a good critique of the effects. The Concerta doesn't peak as hard as the IR, but it seems more sustained and smooth. I normally get a pre-lunch crash, but not so today.

I'm 35 and have been taking stims for the better part of 10 years. I've suffered no ill effects; my EKGs and blood panels are normal, besides needing to lose some weight (slightly elevated cholesterol), I have no other health issues to speak of.

I've taken Adderall before as well - it's much "speedier" for me and provides more "oomph." However, I was not comfortable taking a drug that was similar to methamphetamine, which I've abused in the past, so I discontinued it. I also find it nice to be able to drug test for jobs without having to explain why I test positive for amphetamine.

Overall, meds have changed my life - with their help, I was able to complete a master's program, stay away from self-destructive behaviors (partying w/illicit substances, bad financial decisions), and finally have some sense of career stability. Not bad for a person who acts like they're on drugs when they're not :rolleyes: