View Full Version : focalfilter not working!! Can't stop browsing rubbish.

Fuzzy12
10-30-14, 10:16 AM
Who'd have thought that this little website blocking software can make such a big difference. I've been in the office since 9am (5h now:eek:). Around 10:30, I tried to start focalfilter but there's an error so 3.5h later I still haven't done any work. :eek::eek::eek:

I've got so much work, I'm drowning in it. I can't believe how much time I've wasted. This is crazy!!!!!!

Anyway, if anyone wants to try focalfilter, I can really recommend it. It's not very flexible but it works on all your browsers (very important for me as when I used StayFocusd with Chrome, I'd just switch to IE when my time wasting websites were blocked on chrome. :rolleyes:).:

http://www.focalfilter.com/

BOCK102
10-30-14, 12:16 PM
What exactly is focalfilter? I tried to access it but my work computer blocks most sites

Unmanagable
10-30-14, 12:21 PM
I'm still working on downloading an app I guess we could call "human filter" into my brain. It seems to be the only program that my system can support. I've tried a few electronic means of staying focused, but I guess I'm too old school for all that other app stuff to be effective for me.

AshT
10-30-14, 04:55 PM
What's the work you're doing? Can you not do 30mins inet, 30mins move away from.the.comp and do stuff. Then 30mins research and putting **** in the comp, then 30mins paper.

As you only get 30mins on the comp, you may feel pressured. to utalise that time. Plus moving around will be more.stimulating.

Flory
10-30-14, 05:34 PM
I'm still working on downloading an app I guess we could call "human filter" into my brain. It seems to be the only program that my system can support. I've tried a few electronic means of staying focused, but I guess I'm too old school for all that other app stuff to be effective for me.

I don't think that app works when youre running ibrain OS-ND