View Full Version : Just wish dexedrine would continue to work.

DmxDex
11-02-14, 09:55 AM
If i take dexedrine at 5mgs or 10mgs it doesnt work and just puts me to sleep.

20mgs seems to work the best. However, it seems if i go above this after a week i go into depression the type that makes you sad and lonely, forcing me to stop taking the meds.

I cant sleep properly on these meds either.

Ive just had enough because it seems my social anxiety and attention improve on these meds, but without fail after a few days the same outcome.

I have tried ritalin that turned me into a zombie, strattera worked alittle but wasnt that effective.

Adderall and focalin isnt legal in the uk either which really isnt good for adhd sufferers.

Just fed up.

i generally feel bored all the time and sometime unable to feel emotions.

Im not depressed but lack something.

I am not sure if its a case of mild anhedonia.

someothertime
11-02-14, 10:29 AM
i think a good analogy for many of us are those unique and complex machines whacky inventors create...

their owners know how to tweak and oil just the right amount to make this apparatus perform like only it can...

they will call out for more tweaks and adaptions than their run of the mill brethren.... and they will be less tolerant to misuse and harsh inputs...

1. excercise, diet and slow living / mindfullness
2. meds, "good things" ( soul sustaining inputs ) and growth

i don't think there is a perfect med.... but without a doubt the delicate balances of all the ingredients above can and do feed how we feel on a daily basis.

Pilgrim
11-02-14, 06:36 PM
Can you get Vyvanse ?

ADno46
11-03-14, 09:59 AM

20mgs seems to work the best. However, it seems if i go above this after a week i go into depression the type that makes you sad and lonely, forcing me to stop taking the meds.

Ive just had enough because it seems my social anxiety and attention improve on these meds, but without fail after a few days the same outcome.

I have tried ritalin that turned me into a zombie, strattera worked alittle but wasnt that effective.

Adderall and focalin isnt legal in the uk either which really isnt good for adhd sufferers.

Just fed up.

Gotta get out of the comfort zone brother and fix up negative thought patterns

sarahsweets
11-03-14, 11:27 AM
What is your prescribed dose?

dag nab it
11-03-14, 09:56 PM

Perhaps my experience can help you. I, too, noticed a severe drop off in mood from Dex after taking it a few days. When I stopped it, my mood improved. After I restarted it, within a few days it was making me not want to do much of anything again. Then, the idea hit me that there could be a sleep connection.

Although I was able to sleep at night after taking Dex during the day, I was waking several times during the night. To avoid this problem, I decided to take the medication earlier in the day and not take it after mid day - that way, the medication was mostly out of my system before bedtime. This strategy helped enormously with the mood issues.

You might be better off, though, with a different drug. I wonder about the Ritalin zombie feeling. Your dose may have been wrong. If Ritalin did not cause anhedonia afterward, or interfere with your sleep, it might be worth trying it again. But be patient. Take a lower dose and see whether it helps and see how long it seems to last. (No, it won't work like Dex.) After you've evaluated the results a few times, and only then, try a higher dose.

Other than that, an antidepressant or light therapy, or exercise, might help.

Babylon5
11-09-14, 09:09 PM

Just fed up.

What do you mean Ritalin "turned you into a zombie?"

ftlmatt
12-09-14, 09:49 PM

Just fed up.

I too suffer from anhedonia and add. I don't enjoy or get pleasure from the activities I once enjoyed, but not depressed. I am on a combination of dextroamphetamine 30mg. Effexor XR. 300 mg. Wellbutrin SR.. 400mg. You could try Parnate which is a MAOI and is suppose to be an excellent antidepressant for people with anhedonia. Or try combining dextroamphetamine with Wellbutrin. That is the tricky part of medication. Finding which one works and finding the right dose.