View Full Version : Absent minded fail.

silverstar1178
11-03-14, 04:21 PM
Ugg so I was going to go to the pet store (45 min away) to get my gecko crickets. Turn the car on and the warning "low on coolant" pops up....great... so ok it's not that low, drive down the road to family dollar, but some anti-freeze. go out to the parking lot and attempted to fill it. i was basically getting it every BUT where it was supposed to go. so i close the hood and go back in to see if i could find a funnel.... negative... drive back home decided to make out out of paper plates.... open the hood again....... caps not on the radiator.....no idea where it is or even what i did with it when i took it off. When back to see if it's in the parking lot.. it's not. Now I have to have a friend drive me 1/2 hour to autozone to get a new one.

being absent minded sucks *** sometimes. I feel like a total moron. I mean who manages to loose a cap while filling up anti-freeze?

What moronic things have you done?

Greyhound1
11-03-14, 07:04 PM
One that comes to mind and not that long ago was when I was leaving the hospital. I had spent all day there, worrying about my wife who had an emergency operation.

I had to run home and pickup some personal items for her. I finally make my way down to the parking lot and see a ton of people actively circling the lot in search of a space. I motion to a friendly looking person and let them know if they follow me they can have my spot. I looked like the Grand Marshall of a parade.

Everyone is held up as I walk to my car. I finally get there and wonder why my unlock button won't unlock my car. I put the key in and it doesn't work either. I soon realize it's because it's not my car.

People are so mad they start yelling nasty comments out their windows at me. I finally yell, "FU, I have ADHD." and walked away laughing. I spent 45 mins. searching for my car and it was no where near I thought it was.

11-04-14, 12:01 PM
After a few hours of searching, found the TV remote in the fridge ? :)

Wowwowwow
11-04-14, 12:04 PM
Locked truck in car wash on busiest spring day ,keys in ignition ....:)

Tmoney
11-04-14, 03:56 PM
I got a list of dumb things that is longer than Santa's! But I'll stick to one funny one.

Business trip with the owner, my boss. We stop at a rest area on the Turnpike to go in use the bathroom and get a drink. We agree to meet back at the truck in 5 minutes.
I go in use the bathroom, get a drink and head out to the truck. Boss is still inside so I sit down in the truck and wait for him. Another 5 minutes goes by, no boss! I start to look around for him and as I glance out the window I see him sitting in another truck about 4 cars down from where I am!
I'm like what the h*ll is he doing. Right about then I realize I'm sitting in someone else's truck!!

I get out quickly, go to the right truck and sit down smiling the whole time. My boss says "where have you been and what's so funny?" I have no fear so I tell him. We laughed so hard!
We still laugh about it today when we tell the story!

The worse part was the truck wasn't even the same color as his! Can you imagine the real owner coming out, and there I am sitting in the passenger seat drinking my water!

Yeah, I know!!

"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music!" ~George Carlin

roflwaffle
11-05-14, 12:53 AM
I've lost my oil cap.

silverstar1178
11-05-14, 12:33 PM
so i found the cap.... I had placed it on top of the battery...it was sitting right there right in front of my face. To bad i found it AFTER i got and opened the new one -_-

SirSchmidt
11-05-14, 01:09 PM
I did something similar a while ago.

I do all the maintenance on my car, so I was changing the oil. Everything went fine until the next morning. I was driving to work and smelled a strong motor oil smell. I knew instantly what I'd done. I pulled over and discovered that I had neglected to screw on the cap after pouring the new oil. The cap was sitting right there, on the fender.

Luckily it didn't make a huge mess, only a medium-sized mess.

TurtleBrain
11-05-14, 01:13 PM
You know I'm absent minded when I walk to close too the wall while going around the corner of a hall, hit my face and bite my lower lip due to an overbite... fortunately it wasn't a deep cut, so I'm fine, but still, shtuff happens sometimes..

TXJK14
11-05-14, 01:21 PM
I left my keys on the dash of my Jeep and searched about 15 minutes for them. My 9 year old son finally asked what I was doing (because I was trying to get him to school) and I told him I couldn't find my keys. He reached up and grabbed them off the dash... I chalk that up to just being busy.

But I have left several screw drivers and wrenches under the hood of my Jeep. Sometimes I think Sears should send me a free set from time to time.

Tmoney
11-05-14, 02:47 PM
so i found the cap.... I had placed it on top of the battery...it was sitting right there right in front of my face. To bad i found it AFTER i got and opened the new one -_-

You would have never found the original one unless you bought a new one!

silverstar1178
11-06-14, 12:27 AM
You would have never found the original one unless you bought a new one!

Ain't that the truth.

haha today I couldn't find my college ID. Looked for a while. eventually found it still clipped to my jeans in my laundry basket. *facepalm*

LordranBound
11-07-14, 08:42 AM
I poured transmission fluid into my oil tank. Good thing it was for my car that leaked about a quart of oil for every gas fill up.

HXofADHD.W/F76
12-02-14, 11:45 AM
For whatever reason when I read this I cringed b/c I was afraid you were going to hurt yourself taking your radiator cap off when the car was warmed up. I am assuming it must have been a short trip. Always open the reservoir to add coolant b/c if the cars hot that boiling liquid can come shooting out and burn the hell out of you.

Lunacie
12-02-14, 12:53 PM
I poured transmission fluid into my oil tank. Good thing it was for my car that leaked about a quart of oil for every gas fill up.

I poured engine oil into the coolant tank. Scared the crap out of me when I realized
what I'd done, but it didn't seem to hurt anything.

The car isn't running now, needs a new starter maybe, so I had to drive my daughter's
car to work on Sunday morning. It's a 20 mile drive and when I got there I realized
I'd forgotten to take my own key ring with the key that unlocks the salon.
I had to call the boss and her kind hubby came and let me in.

Cdnstargazer
12-02-14, 02:40 PM
I think my worSt fail was when I was biking. I was in traffic and turning left. I had music blasting and was thinking about a zillion things. I turned, slammed into the curb, fell and broke a bone in my hand which also sprained my wrist. I was off work on EI for several months right before Christmas. That was tough.

tomsawyr
12-04-14, 12:42 AM
What about not adding oil? I was driving down the freeway not knowing that the engine had no oil. The car dies, and never starts again. Ever.

Being able to forgive yourself is a very valuable asset.