View Full Version : Hormone pellet therapy?

TXJK14
11-05-14, 11:41 AM
Im not sure if Im posting this in the right area, if Im not Im sorry >_<.

I was wondering if anyone has tried hormone pellet therapy to help with their AD/HD? I just learned a little about it and learned that it's apparently a pretty popular deal right now too.

From my (small) understanding it can help with the chemical that our body doesn't produce enough of that causes the ADD. Anyway, Im working at trying it but was wondering if anyone else had already tried it or knew anything about it.

TXJK14
11-12-14, 06:09 PM
Since I started this thread Im going to keep posting in it...

Still don't have a lot of information to share about Bio-Te/ pellet hormone therapy however I did talk to my doctor today because my lab results came back. It showed that my testosterone level is way down and so are my thyroid labs.

He asked me if I have had low energy, trouble sleeping at night and my endurance was low. I told him it had been and it was very discouraging, but it's been that way for about 4 years, which was when I had a major increase in my Ritalin dosage. He said that the pellet therapy would probably help my body in working correctly and could possibly make it so that my Ritalin dosage was decreased.

I really wish I could explain and relay everything he told me because it sheds a lot of light on some areas and also brings me hope. If anyone has any info they could share it would be appreciated. Im going to try to research and read more about it and as I get an understanding I'll post more. I figure if it can help me then maybe there will be others it could help too.

bdad80
11-16-14, 05:06 PM
I believe a weekly dose 250 mgs of cypinate to be superior. What was your test levels??

TXJK14
12-15-14, 01:32 PM
So this is the third week now since i've had this done and I have to say the difference is night and day.

My testosterone level was down around 200 and should have been around 600. My Thyroid was also low (not as drastically low but still low) so I've been on a small once a day deal for that as well. But a week and a half after I had this done I could tell a huge difference.

I still am on my Ritalin but it works how it's suppose to work, I don't feel like Im fighting a up hill battle every day and my cognitive functioning is improving as well.

Work has been stupid busy but I've also been reorganizing my life for the better and I hope to be able to study more about whats going on and all that after the first of the year.

Wyldeclover
12-16-14, 01:47 PM
:goodpost:

I found your thread after searching "thyroid" and I am glad I did! After having my kids, my hormones changed and all of the sudden my ADHD medication stopped working. I tried every medication and nothing has been effective. I felt that I was doomed to suffer- like my ADHD was getting worse by the day! Then one day I was researching all of my symptoms, trying to find a common thread:

Fatigue
Increased sensitivity to cold
Constipation
Dry skin
Unexplained weight gain (I even went RAW VEGAN and did not lose much weight)
Muscle weakness
Swollen joints
Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods (not to gross you out! I only included it in case someone else finds this post and can relate. :o )
Thinning hair (falling out in handfuls, luckily I have plenty to spare)
Depression
Impaired memory (even worse than normal)

... and it was like someone switched on a light. It appears I may have Hypothyroidism, and it's messing with my ADHD big time...
So, I made an appointment with a reputable internist, but it's not until January. I have been doing my own research since and came across your post. I am so curious to know how this treatment goes for you! I'll post updates on mine as well.

Thanks for sharing!:thankyou:

TXJK14
12-16-14, 02:12 PM
:goodpost:

I found your thread after searching "thyroid" and I am glad I did! After having my kids, my hormones changed and all of the sudden my ADHD medication stopped working. I tried every medication and nothing has been effective. I felt that I was doomed to suffer- like my ADHD was getting worse by the day! Then one day I was researching all of my symptoms, trying to find a common thread:

Fatigue
Increased sensitivity to cold
Constipation
Dry skin
Unexplained weight gain (I even went RAW VEGAN and did not lose much weight)
Muscle weakness
Swollen joints
Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods (not to gross you out! I only included it in case someone else finds this post and can relate. :o )
Thinning hair (falling out in handfuls, luckily I have plenty to spare)
Depression
Impaired memory (even worse than normal)

... and it was like someone switched on a light. It appears I may have Hypothyroidism, and it's messing with my ADHD big time...
So, I made an appointment with a reputable internist, but it's not until January. I have been doing my own research since and came across your post. I am so curious to know how this treatment goes for you! I'll post updates on mine as well.

Thanks for sharing!:thankyou:

Im really glad my post helped and/or does help you. There has been a huge difference in my cognitive processing as well as my energy levels since I've started all this. The month before I had it all done I was really discouraged because it felt like everyday things were getting worse because of the stress of the holidays but things are much more different now, a better different.

My sister asked me, why now? Did everyone's thyroid and hormone/testosterone levels suddenly drop and I asked my doctor the same question. He told me that its not so much that but they are able to test for those levels now.

Wyldeclover
12-16-14, 02:29 PM
Im really glad my post helped and/or does help you. There has been a huge difference in my cognitive processing as well as my energy levels since I've started all this. The month before I had it all done I was really discouraged because it felt like everyday things were getting worse because of the stress of the holidays but things are much more different now, a better different.

My sister asked me, why now? Did everyone's thyroid and hormone/testosterone levels suddenly drop and I asked my doctor the same question. He told me that its not so much that but they are able to test for those levels now.

I am looking forward to cognitive improvement!!!!!! Woohoo!:D

Doctors have admitted that up until recently, they actually knew VERY LITTLE about the way our hormones work. :faint:

I'll report back once I begin treatment. Keep us posted on your progress!