View Full Version : Getting the most out of Dexedrine

dhend595
11-05-14, 04:06 PM
I have been on Dexedrine 10mg SR 2x daily for a month and a half now. I like what it's doing for me and how much better I handle life as a whole. I'm not sure I want to be adjusted too soon as then I will tolerate the next dose up faster. Is there a sort of way to not enhance the effects of Dexedrine but have a fuller feeling from it.

I've read reports about absorption rates decreasing when stomach contents are at a higher PH. I've also read articles that caffeine will cause an inconsistancy in SR. I've been trying to avoid coffee in the morning for just this reason.

Even if they're personal practices and not scientifically proven, what do you guys do to help maintain the "smooth" feeling of Dex throughout the entire day?

mliw92
11-06-14, 05:00 AM
I've read reports about absorption rates decreasing when stomach contents are at a higher PH.

Yes this is true, but your goal shouldn't be getting your stomach Ph as high as possible everyday (in a way this is the same as upping your dose).
Try to avoid highly acidic foods/drinks like Orange Juice, Cranberrys etc. to keep the absorption rate the same everyday so the effects are the same everyday.

the "smooth" feeling of Dex throughout the entire day?

Not sure what you mean with this, but the effects change over time. You will never get the effects back you had the first week(s). (Unless you constantly up the dose, but that's what drug addicts do)

A month and a half is maybe a bit too early, my advice would be wait another couple of weeks until you don't notice any changes in effect anymore. Then you could try and up the dose, wait another couple of weeks. If the effects are better than before, great. If the effects were better, but after a couple of days/weeks they are the same as before upping the dose or the side effects increased then you know that increasing the dose is pointless.

Is there a sort of way to not enhance the effects of Dexedrine but have a fuller feeling from it.

Yes: Sleep, Exercise, Nutrition, Meditation (some supplements could help too, but the other 4 are more important.)

I know it is tempting to constantly increase the dose, but please don't do it. Try to keep the dose as low as possible, your body, your brain, your tolerance and your future self will thank you for it :)

Fuzzy12
11-06-14, 05:22 AM
Plenty of sleep and generally being healthy definitely helps!!

What helped me rather than increasing the dose is to dose more frequently. I take the same total daily dose but I've reduced the intervals between dosing so I don't crash anymore once the med starts wearing off and somehow the total effect lasts as long as before but without an increase in side effects.