View Full Version : Salivary Duct Stones from Mallinckrodt Generic Adderall IR?

nyx123
11-05-14, 10:23 PM
my pharmacy switched to Mallinckrodt Generic Adderall IR several months ago. About 2 months ago, one side of my face swelled up ridiculously & was very painful. Initially doctor thought I had an abscessed tooth, but it was from salivary duct/gland stones. Between antibiotics & massages the stones down the duct, the swelling & pain went away. Several days ago my face started puffing out again. :( I have been gargling warm salt water & massaging my face non-stop, so it hasn't gotten as bad as the 1st time, but still feels like my face is gonna explode. Anyone else get these after taking Mallinckroft?

YAELPEG
11-06-14, 04:41 PM
ME TOO JAN. 2014, and it was brand. I did not think it was my meds. But i noticed by aug- Sept 2014 recent, i was extremely sleepy , worst off than ever. Meds where not working as 2013. Looked up on the FDA MEDS NEWS. Mellinkroft /Covidien had a DEVIDE / BREAKUP. No longer working as One , which they where manufacturing BRAND Ritalin . So who knows... Now what is what .

So back to the finding what works well . Again ....

wonderboy
11-06-14, 06:52 PM
my pharmacy switched to Mallinckrodt Generic Adderall IR several months ago. About 2 months ago, one side of my face swelled up ridiculously & was very painful. Initially doctor thought I had an abscessed tooth, but it was from salivary duct/gland stones. Between antibiotics & massages the stones down the duct, the swelling & pain went away. Several days ago my face started puffing out again. :( I have been gargling warm salt water & massaging my face non-stop, so it hasn't gotten as bad as the 1st time, but still feels like my face is gonna explode. Anyone else get these after taking Mallinckroft?

I am very sorry you had to go through this.

I have commented many times in this forum that I feel there is something profoundly wrong with Mallinckrodt 's generic Adderall IR, in terms of it simply not working (complete lack of efficacy). I even filed a report to the FDA.

However, I do not feel the specific problem you stated was from taking Adderall. Others here may have different opinions...

Hope this helps.

electric76
11-07-14, 12:41 PM
Instead of taking antibiotics, get Colloidal Silver! I had the same issue a few months ago, and never touched the antibiotics. The swelling went down immediately and was gone in 36 hours. I can't recommend it highly enough! I just used about a 1/2 tsp and swished it into the affected cheek. I even tilted my head nearly upside down to make sure it really got in there. No painful massages necessary, just a heating pad if I really felt like it.