View Full Version : My escapes aren't working

LordranBound
11-07-14, 08:48 AM
I have 2 toddlers so I'm exhausted all the time and have very little free time. Work is very frustrating right now. And to top it off, the things that usually get me through the day: books, video games, movies, I can't get excited about. When I think about doing them it's almost dread. I feel like I just want to go out at night, light a campfire and just stare at it.

That or just take a whole bunch of sleeping pills and a bath and drown in my sleep. My god I hate this life.

11-07-14, 08:54 AM
Feeling the same. Droping workplaces at aprox. 3 month mark. Found a really good job, bit more than a month, but I already feel tired, frustrated, iritated...

"Can't seem to find a reason"...

LordranBound
11-07-14, 09:23 AM
Yeah - I'm sitting in a closet office at work unable to do anything. I know if I lost this job I would feel terrible but the idea of doing much of anything feels like a brick in my stomach.

Fuzzy12
11-07-14, 10:25 AM
I'd go with the staring at a camp fire option or anything else that you might find appealing or soothing. It sounds like you could do with some time off and some time just for yourself.

stef
11-07-14, 10:54 AM
Yes, you might just need some TOTALLY quiet down time, alone. Toddlers are exhausting. Can you organize something? (your wife and kids spend a whole day with friends or relatives...? )

wwww789
11-14-14, 01:14 PM
This happens to me sometimes. Whenever I get it does, I tend to just go out for long walks late at night. It calms me for whatever reason, and allows me to just think about things on my own for a while. The staring into a fire thing sounds like a good idea too, and would likely have the same effect.